Premium

Country

Ecuador

Device

iPhone 7+ and Hp Pavilion

Operating System

(iOS 17.7.1 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, I can't play any Taylor Swift's songs. They are there but I can't play them. When I touch them nothing happens. I tried creating a new free account and they played normally. How can I fix this problem in my account?  Please help!! 😧

14 Replies

Hey @Angelica1D ,

Thanks for posting here! I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to play Taylor Swift's songs on your Premium account.

So that I can further assist, can you please share the URI of the exact song/album you're trying to listen to, without success? Also, please provide me with a screenshot of how her songs' page look like for you when you try to play them. 

Hi @Angelica1D,

Thank you for your reply and sending that information. 

We checked this content and were able to play it without issue.

Could you connect your devices to a different internet/mobile network to see if there's any change? 

Also, you can try adding some of the songs to a playlist and play them from there, is there a difference? This can help us get more insights about the issue. 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the exact same issue:

- All devices, new and old

- Colleagues and friends do not have the issue while on the same network/wifi

- Iphone, MacBook, Windows laptop, etc.

- Spotify premium user

- Goes for all Taylor swift songs

- Songs seem to be there (not greyed out)

- I get an error message "Spotify can't play this song right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

- Location Netherlands

- A URI: https://open.spotify.com/track/0cqRj7pUJDkTCEsJkx8snD?si=2c415495e6be4420

I've also added the same song to an existing playlist in my account (as asked above) and it didnt make a difference. Still not able to play the song.

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

If the song is not grayed out, it could be related to a different issue than content availability.

We'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

Also, it would be great if you can have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

Hi OscarDC,

Thank you for your quick reply:

The issue persist on multiple devices. New and old. The youngest is an install on a week old MacBook. I also have it on my old iPhone, new iPhone, windows laptop. Really all devices.

As a test I did the following:
- Try to play Taylor Swift on my app on my MacBook
- This doesn’t work
- Created a new account of the type “free”
- Logged out on the same MacBook, logged in with the new account
- Browsed to the exact same song
- Now it plays
- To double check I again logged out and logged in with my regular paid account
- Now as previously I does NOT play

Same device, same build, same wifi, same everything. Only difference is with what account I login

Regards,
Maarten

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for your swift response. 

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've made so far. As you mention that it works with a different account, most likely the issue could be account-related. 

Since we don't have access to the user accounts from the Community, we'd suggest contacting our Customer Support directly so they can check what is happening with your Premium account and help you further.

Thanks again for sharing this info. If anything else comes up, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers,

OscarDCModerator

I have this same issue. Did everything they said to do above and it still won’t play.

Hey @Msg2,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Are you getting an error message while trying to play these songs or they are just grayed out? Did the issue start after any specific event? Which devices does this behavior occur on? Does it happen only on the desktop or also on the mobile app? Have you tried using the Web Player instead to see if there's a difference? 

We'll be on the lookout for your update.

LyubkaModerator

I'm having the same issue and I did all of that. My friends are all able to listen just not me. I have an android and that's what they think the problem is. Please help me out.

Hey @Hello2010,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you go over the post of @Lyubka above and provide the requested info? Without extra information, we won't be able to narrow down on the reasons for this behavior.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Same thing is happening to me I was trying to listen to a Taylor swift song that my friend recommended but I wouldn't play.  It plays everything else though.

I have this same issue across multiple devices, while my wife can play Taylor Swift fine with her account and we have a family account together... For me, the so far aren't greyed out, but on the web players, they say: "Spotify can't play this right now, if you have a file on your computer, you can import it"

Suggested posts