Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play album or playlist if already listening to music

Solved!

Can't play album or playlist if already listening to music

Recently i've encountered this strange bug, that won't let me listen to an album or playlist if something was already playing. Even if it was paused. I found 2 workarrounds (1: playing the album from the artist page (doesn't work for playlists); 2: adding said album or playlist to the queue and skipping songs until it starts). It's getting quite annoying and I've started to wonder if I'm the only one experiencing this problem (so local issue) or if anyone else has seen something similar or the same. I can't exactly pinpoint when it started, but I'm pretty sure it was after a recent update. If anyone else has the same issue, please respond. I would be very grateful.

ezgif-3-b9de90a6b5.gif

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

An update came through Windows 10 Store for me a little bit ago and resolved the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Mine is doing exactly the same thing, except it doesn't matter if anything is playing or not.  Hopefully they fix it instead of denying the existance of the problem.  Uninstalling and reinstalling has no effect.

In the meantime, a workaround is to control the desktop app with the web player or a phone.

Thanks, didn't think about that. Just happened again with nothing playing, getting really tired of it...

I have the same problem. My Android app and the web-player is working, but I can't start listening on the Windows app.

Marked as solution

An update came through Windows 10 Store for me a little bit ago and resolved the problem.

Same here, seems the error was on their side.

Suggested posts