Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with playing tunes outside of Liked Songs or playlists on the desktop app

Hey there,

We're aware of issues with playing songs outside of the Liked Songs collection or playlists.

This is being investigated.

Hi folks,

A few days have passed, so the latest version which includes the fix should now be available to everyone! You'll find more info on how to update the app in this article.

Once again thank you all for the collective effort in aiding us during the investigation. You're awesome!

Cheers!

Top Answer
Yordan

Thanks for sharing this @Luisiis! We've shared your findings with our internal teams as they may prove useful in developing a definite fix for this.

We've also forwarded all logs you folks have sent so far and no additional log files are needed. As always, we'll keep you posted here as soon as we have any new info to share, so stay tuned!

Thank you all for the continued assistance and contributions to solving this issue. You're awesome!

Comments
tomskinoonoo

Hi mate, thanks for your detailed response.

Don't know if you or others on this thread are using a VPN but for me, ensuring Windows Firewall Defender allowed all privacy privileges to Spotify and changing the server on my VPN resolved this issue, seems some servers conflict with Spotify in general, including the web player, which crashes.

As for spotify requesting customers disable their VPNs that's poor service, they should respect their users online privacy and update their software to reflect that.

If this didn't work for you I hope it is resolved soon.

ta.

Jollygood

Hello

In my network adapter settings i had a connection called NordLynx from using NordVPN, when i disabled this connection, Spotify works normally and can play songs from searching. Had same issue as above until now. Hope this helps?

Chris_Dthmt

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Asus Laptop

Operating System

Windows 11

Hello, I have the following problem when using Spotify on my laptop for a few weeks (everything works fine on my phone) : when I type the name of an artist in the research field on Spotify, and try to launch its most popular songs, or to launch an album, nothing happens. I can only launch the radio linked to the artist, or my liked songs, but when I click "Play" on the first song of an album as an example, it stops the current lecture and nothing more happens (not even an error message).

It tried to open my session on a different laptop, it works fine. Maybe it is a problem with my laptop, but this is so unusual that I don't know how to fix it at all. I did already contact the Spotify support, try to uninstall/reinstall Spotify after deleting all files on the computer ... nothing have worked. Does anybody have and idea ?

Thank you very much,

Regards

Taylith

Hello @Chris_Dthmt , thanks for reaching  out

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with playback.

Just to be certain, could you head over to this thread to ensure you've done a clean reinstall with all steps  followed.

Another thing, if it's not already the case, can you install the app from the Microsoft App Store.

Hope it's resolved soon

If you're still having issues, a short video showing your display would be real helpful in getting to the bottom of it.

Take care 

ashleybrian50

Having the same issue. Can only play tracks from within a playlist. Everything NOT in a playlist is grayed out. Move it to a playlist and the tracks plays fine. I've tried everything, including Sebasty's fix, but I'm still having the problem. Mobile and the web player are working perfectly fine. Need some help with this.

Chris_Dthmt

Thank you @Taylith for your answer. Yes, these exact operations have been given to me by the Spotify support. I did everything, unsuccessfully. Here is a video of my problem : please excuse the very poor quality, I wish it will help anyway. You can see me trying to launch some songs or albums, but nothing works, except if I launch a liked song.

It may be a laptop problem but I have absolutely no idea of what can lead to a such problem.

Alex

Hi there @ashleybrian50,

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community!

First of all I'd recommend you do a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow this guide. The issue is most likely related to broken cache/ files on the Desktop app itself.

Also, make sure that you don't have any VPN active, as that might be hindering Spotify's performance.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Taylith

I'll be getting back to you soon @Chris_Dthmt .

Thanks for the video, the quality shouldn't make things much harder.

ashleybrian50
Thanks Alex. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled a few times to no avail. I’ll try disabling my VPN tonight when I’m back home to see if that’s the cause. Thanks again for the suggestion!
Chris_Dthmt

Hi there,

Today, everything works fine ... after weeks of trouble, and without I did anything in particular, the problem seems solved ... for now ! I will remain attentive about it and tell you in the following days if the problem is back or not.