Announcements

Can't play an album

Solved!

Can't play an album

BigBoiBill

I have premium, when i click into an album I cannot play any of the songs, but if  I am on the artists profile and scroll down to the album I can then play the songs. (issue is i want to listen to that album exclusively). This is happening for quite a few artists.
Don't have any local files for the artists either.

(This is only happening on windows PC, no issues on my phone.)
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ro

Can confirm, new update solves this. Go to the MS Store and it will download the update: https://www.spotify.com/download/windows/

View solution in original post

36 Replies

cyruzin

Same issue here. Windows 10 version from store.

SimonB1

Same with me.

matokt

I hade the same problem minutes ago but it got solved with an update for Spotify from the Microsoft Store.

New updated version that solved this for me is: 1.0.75.485.g1f74de2c (Windows Store-version)

Marked as solution

Ro

Can confirm, new update solves this. Go to the MS Store and it will download the update: https://www.spotify.com/download/windows/

cyruzin

The bug was fixed with the last update, thanks.

Jens_A

Sorry, it has come back! Albums I added to "My Music" recently, cannot be played, except if I chose "Go to Album" on a random song in the album and then play it. All the "old" added albums work fine. It seems that there are no problems on the Windows version. The problem is when using Sonos from Android. It is surely a Spotify problem, as I can play via Sonos with no problems on previously added albums.

RoyKoch

I've downloaded the latest version and all of a sudden I have this problem...

Working on a PC with Windows 11

Vasil

Hey @RoyKoch,

Thanks for joining the thread!
Could you describe what your issue is with a few more details :?
We'd also like to know if you've downloaded the app from the MS App Store or from our Website.
We'll be on the lookout for your response!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

dbroyer

I'm having the same issue. I can play from playlists, but not from search results or albums.

What I've tried:

1. Full uninstall of the website-downloaded version
  2. Installed from the MS App Store - issue persists
  3. Uninstalled from the MS App Store
  4. Installed again from the website - issue persists

I'm on Windows 10 21H1 running Spotify for Windows 1.1.89.862.g94554d24

dbroyer

Typo, Windows 10*

Eni

Hey there @dbroyer

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this is only happening in the desktop app or in the web player as well?

On another note, we suggest that you check your firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception. Also, disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off any VPNs if in use.

Lastly, would you mind logging in to your account on a different PC to check if the same happens there?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

dbroyer

It only happens in the desktop app. The web player works fine.

I checked firewall, antivirus, ad-blocking, and VPNs. Still having the issue.

Unfortunately I don't have access to another PC to check.

I did find a workaround where if I add an album to my library I can play it. But this is obviously an issue impacting more than just me, so I hope Spotify can solve it soon.

Eni

Hi @dbroyer

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your PC to check if the same happens with a different account?

On another note, we suggest that you check if the OS of your PC is up to date. 

Lastly, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

BillCz

I am in the USA. I use the downloaded Spotify Free app on my Windows 11 laptop. This is a new laptop, but I've had it for a few weeks. Up until 2 days ago the app worked fine. Then suddenly many songs would not play. I would click on the arrow to play a song and nothing happens. No error message. Nothing. Visually, the Spotify app is fine. I can browse, search, etc. Nothing is grayed out.

This problem only occurs when I try to play a single or album of a particular artist as found by search or browse. (The items in my library play just fine.) Also, if I go to a Spotify pre-defined playlist, they work fine.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify 3 times since this has been happening. Didn't help. One time I followed the instructions for a "clean install". However, I don't have any Spotify folders in any of the AppData subfolders, so there was nothing to delete. So essentially, I tried 3 clean installs to no effect.

I deleted my etc\hosts file temporarily. That did not help. (But there were no lines in the file that weren't commented out anyway.)

When I log in to Spotify with my account on my wife's computer, I don't have these problems. Everything works fine.

Does anybody know what is going on?

Thanks.

geovanebento

Hey! How are you?

In the free version of Spotify
You can enjoy all the music and podcasts that make up the platform, but you have some restrictions:

There are ads between one track and another.

Music and content cannot be downloaded.

Most playlists don't let you choose the song that will be played.

It is not possible to randomly choose to play a song outside the album sequence.

You can only play three songs for a few hours.

You cannot choose the sound quality.

What are the advantages of being premium on Spotify?

With the free version, the user can already listen to thousands of songs and enjoy streaming.
But being Premium elevates the experience considerably.
Check out the advantages of subscribing to Spotify Premium:

No advertising: This is probably the best benefit of going premium. You listen to your music and playlists without interruptions and ads.

You can pass as many songs as you want: while in the free version you have a quota of songs that you can pass, in the Premium version you have no limits. You can skip tracks as many times as you want and even listen to the same song over and over again.

Listen to any song: there are no restrictions, if the song is on Spotify it is available for subscribers to listen whenever they want.

Offline music: you are not restricted to listening to music only when connected to the internet. You can download songs and playlists that are stored in the app. So you can listen whenever you want, even without data on the mobile plan franchise, in airplane mode or when the cell phone has no signal.

Sound quality: all songs are treated so that the user receives the best possible audio quality.

There are many advantages, right?
And you still contribute to the music industry, paying probably much lower than you ever paid for a CD!

But if the problem is not one of those associated with the free account, you can contact support at the attached link and they will help you. A big hug and a great weekend!

https://support.spotify.com/br/app-help/troubleshooting/

geovanebentoSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

BillCz

Thanks for your reply.

But, all I can say is I've been using Free Spotify for a few years now. I was always able to search for an artist, then choose one of his/hers albums, and play it. As of a few days ago, it suddenly doesn't work. I'm wondering why.

BTW, I spent a full half day in chat with Spotify support people. They could not find the problem.

Also, I'm certainly not interested in upgrading to premium for something that doesn't work!!!

Still looking for a solution to my issue.

RoyKoch

Hi Vasil,

For some weird reason I'm only able to play music from playlists, but not albums, singles etc.
I've downloaded the latest version from the link in this thread: https://www.spotify.com/download/windows/
I work on Microsoft Surface Pro 7 with Windows 11. I've also tried connecting my phone but my laptop isn't visible even though it's on the same network. I am able to connect my phone with my television though, and I also noticed that the webplayer does sync with my phone, so the issue is definitely with the desktop version.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Desktop Version: 1.1.90.859.gf1bb1e36

Thanks in advance 😉

Vasil

Hey @RoyKoch,

Thanks for letting me know!
We could try running a complete clean reinstall of the app.
Only make sure you download it from the Microsoft App Store, as it appears there are some issues with your device and the version from the Spotify website.
We'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

RoyKoch

Yes! Solved!

Suggested posts

Env: prod