Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play an entire artists discography?

Can't play an entire artists discography?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

My own custom PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello. Today I was trying to play some C418 on Spotify and it wouldn't play. It keeps telling me "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I looked at other threads here reporting similar problems and nothing worked. All my other music that I know of works. I know that it's available for my country and plan because my father, who is on the family plan with me and lives in the same house, can play C418 on Spotify with no problems. I have no idea what the issue could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS, I just came back from living in England for 3 months. Could that have something to do with it I wonder?

4 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello, thanks for the reply.

I tried what you suggested, turning the computer off and on and getting a fresh install of Spotify from the Windows 10 store, to no avail. Same error message as before and everything.

Here is the information you have requested:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134
Spotify Version: 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b (Windows Store version)

Thanks!

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Have you tried to sign in with your account to the device your father uses Spotify or trying to sign in with your fathers account into this device?

The current latest version for Windows 10 is 1809, I'd recommend updating to this version of Windows.

If possible, could you also try this with another internet connection?

Please let me know.

Hi, thanks again for replying.

I logged in with my fathers account onto my computer, and I could play the music I want to play just fine!!!
My guess is that my account is somehow not letting me access the music. I'm not sure, but could Spotify still think I'm in England? It could be that this music is not available over there? Maybe I should get in contact with the Spotify support team?
If you have any advice on what to do next, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you!

Suggested posts