Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play any song

Solved!

Can't play any song

Hello, around 2 weeks ago (or 1), my spotify started going a little crazy. I could only play songs from my favorite songs. If i tried something that wasnt in my library, it would have a black cd and wouldnt play. Only way that i could play that song was to reinstall spotify. But now even my Favorite songs disappeared. I tried reinstalling multiple times, at least 5-10 and nothing helped. 

Here you can see the issue: https://imgur.com/a/pXrHiND

anyone has any idea on how to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @roybreaker

Can you please try this:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

This is a workaround which seems to be working for some users but the issue you are facing is a known bug with the desktop client right now and is being looked into. I hope this gets fixed at Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @roybreaker

Can you please try this:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

This is a workaround which seems to be working for some users but the issue you are facing is a known bug with the desktop client right now and is being looked into. I hope this gets fixed at Spotify's end soon.

Have a nice day 🙂

Thank you 🙂 it helped

Suggested posts