Premium for Students

Country

UK

Device

Desktop

Operating System

(Windows 10 Build 18363)

My Question or Issue

I get this error whenever I try to play any song. I have tried to clear the cache and reinstall but it hasn't helped:

https://gyazo.com/4abbf92d3dece4f43eeb07a30121f570

9 Replies

Hi there @GDev97

thanks for reaching out about this !

Could you please let me know if it's possible for your to try your account on a different network ?

Furthermore, a good indication would also be using another device with the same account on the same network to see if it a connection issue or device related.

Keep me posted 🙂

Seeing same issue.  Can't switch the desktop to a new network but my phone on the same network works fine.  Just an issue with desktop.

I followed the troubleshooting steps and re-installed desktop, logged in and out, still can't play there.

Hi @GDev97 & @ChrisKinsman,

Please make sure to subscribe and add your +VOTE to this ongoing issue.

subscribing to it will have you updated whenever there are any update or changes from the official teams.

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

After replaying Spotify through my mobile device linked to my Car Stereo (bluetooth), it now seems to be working. Whether this actually solved it or not though is questionable.

Also, why would I up-vote that issue when it is not the same code I'm getting?

Hi @GDev97,

A remote Bluetooth connection can indeed be interrupting your app.

Give it a bit more time to see if does change anything and if not reply back to the post and we'll continue from there.

The ongoing issue is related to a verity of connection issues all pointed out by users in the comments.

Keep me posted 🙂

It's rather odd because only one connection can occur at once. It's not possible to have two connections available either because obviously my stereo is off once i'm on my desktop. I'm not sure why it would ever conflict once ive use on or the other.

I have up-voted the topic 🙂 

Edit: Ok so I have noticed that since it is now working, it reset my Streaming Quality to Automatic. previously it was on Very High. Ill switch it back and see what happens.

I had a problem with skipping songs also.

My solution was:  execute as administrator

I have found a solution for this problem until they get this patched.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/This-song-cant-be-played/td-p/4944395

Suggested posts