Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play current song appears after every second song

Can't play current song appears after every second song

Brief description of the issue:

Can't Play Current Song is appearing after every second song that is played, and then keeps appearing

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open Spotify desktop
  2. Play an album or a playlist (doesn't matter, happens on everything)
  3. The first song that plays transitions to the next song with no problem
  4. The second song that plays will not transition to the next song, and the "Can't Play Current Selection" message appears
  5. If I then select the next song to play, the cycle repeats at step #3. 

What steps you’ve tried already:

1. Log out/ Log back in
  2. Uncheck local files in Spotify preferences
  3. Cleared Spotify cache
  4. Switch from high def to low def streaming (even tho I pay for Premium)
  5. Re-installed all audio drivers on my PC
  6. Disabled hardware acceleration on PC
  7. Re-installed Spotify

Your device and operating system (e.g. MacBook Air, 10.10 OSX)

Both home and work PC- home is Windows 7 and work is Windows 8, all with latest updates

Type of Spotify account you have (Free/ Premium):

Premium

The app version of Spotify you’re using:

Spotify desktop, version 1.0.47.13.gd8e05b1f

Any screenshots, if they can help to explain your issue:

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Thank you so much for the in-depth post 😄 It helps a lot when I don't even have to ask any clarifying questions.

Okay, one small suggestion that seems to work for a lot of users with this problem: Open Spotify on a mobile device and play part of a song (while online). Open the Desktop application on Windows and use the Connect feature to switch the device to your Windows computer. For some reason, this verification seems to help a lot of people who run into this error.

I'm going to do some more research on this error as well, so please let me know if you need some more possible solutions! Looking forward to your response 🙂

Thanks! Forgot to include that one in the original posting. I also tried that and again, played one song, played another song, then wouldn't play the next track. 

Pretty much everything that's been suggested on the Spotify forums (that I could find through searching) I've tried so far. 

@user-removed,

Very interesting. Okay, I'm going to see if I can find anything else for you to try, I'll write back as soon as I find anything 🙂

Suggested posts