Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play or download episodes of podcast "Fest & Flauschig" in Spotify Android app

Can't play or download episodes of podcast "Fest & Flauschig" in Spotify Android app

Hey, since about 2 weeks I'm not able to play any episode of the podcast "Fest & Flauschig" on my Android Spotify app. If I try to download an episode, it just gets stuck at 0% without any progress, doesn't matter how long I wait. I have no problems with playing this podcast on the Spotify Windows client though. Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem? Thanks in advance for your help! 🙂
13 Replies

Hi @Djang0,

Thank you for posting on the Community!

We ran some tests from our side and were able to play and download episodes from that specific show. Since this is happening only on the mobile app, then we suggest you try running a clean reinstall of the app, as this one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If it doesn't do the trick, let us know if the issue occurs only with that specific podcast, or if you have issues with other shows as well. 

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just did a clean reinstall of the Spotify app and still have the issue. But it's only for this one podcast, but for every episode of it (I tried 20+ different episodes back to 2016).

Can't play, can't download. Other podcasts work like a charm.

Hi @Djang0,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop!

Could you try to connect to a different internet/mobile network with your phone to see if there's a difference with the podcast show? 

If this doesn't work either, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

I've tried it with cellular/mobile data and a different Wifi connection, but I could still not play or download an episode of the Fest & Flauschig show.

I even logged out of the Spotify app and reinstalled it. Then I logged in with an old Free-Account of mine (even tried with a second Free-Account afterwards) but even then I could not stream a single episode =(

No problem with other podcasts though.

Hey @Djang0,

Thanks for the post and info about the troubleshooting you've gone through.

We tried this on our end and we were able to both stream and download episodes of Fest & Flauschig on Android.

Can you let us know if you're still experiencing this issue. If so, let us know your current Spotify app version.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Yes, problem is still there.
My current Spotify app version is 8.6.78.264.

Hi there @Djang0,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Also, can you make sure that you don't have any pending OS updates?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

My phone does not have a SD card slot, just internal storage. I have more than 65 gigabyte of space left and Spotify itself only uses about 2 gigabyte.

I'm also up to date with my OS updates.

Hi again @Djang0,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Can you send us the URI of the podcast so that we can have a closer look directly from our end.

Keep us posted 🙂 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The URI of this podcast is:

spotify:show:1OLcQdw2PFDPG1jo3s0wbp

Hi again @Djang0,

Thanks for keeping in touch and sending that info.

Could you try on a different Android phone to see if you can replicate this? This is quite odd and we've tried multiple times but haven't been able to replicate it, so we'd like to see if somehow this might be device-related.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Ok, I finally found out what was the problem.
I'm using a DNS-based adblocker on my Android phone and sometime ago the domain "traffic.megaphone.fm" got added to the blacklist by one of my used blocklists. And because the show "Fest & Flauschig" seems to use "megaphone.fm" as their ad-service it was impossible to play any episode of it anymore.

I just whitelisted the domain "traffic.megaphone.fm" in my adblocker and now everything works as expected again. Thanks for your help anyways, you kept me motivated looking for a solution!

Hi there @Djang0,

We're glad to know that it was sorted out, and thanks for sharing what worked for you, as it may be helpful for other users too!

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts