Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

My Question or Issue

Nothing plays just getting the can't play song message.
I reinstalled the app 4 times now without avail.

App version was:
1.1.87.612.gf8d110e2
After reinstall it shows:
1.1.86.857.g3751ee08

which still had the same problem so I retried updating via the three dots and help manually to the latest again.

Same problem on both version numbers.

I saw another topic with the same issue but for him it is fixed after the using the app from the windows store.
I tried that but for me the audio did not return even after leaving it go for a bit.

The progress bar works but the audio is gone.

Though I prefered the non windows store option so I reinstalled via installer.

Still nothing changed.

This goes for any song be it downloaded or not.

The logs show the following:
[0608/182628.345‌⚠️‌task_impl.cc(32)] No task runner for threadId 0
[0608/182628.346‌⚠️‌task_impl.cc(32)] No task runner for threadId 0
[0608/182758.229‌⚠️‌task_impl.cc(32)] No task runner for threadId 0
[0608/182758.232‌⚠️‌task_impl.cc(32)] No task runner for threadId 0
[0608/182758.360‌⚠️‌task_impl.cc(32)] No task runner for threadId 0

"                                                              "

Really wish I didn't hit that update button since it was working just fine.

Especially since my new speakers are arriving in a few hours.
Since the updates in the past already caused my playback device not to switch along when I would switch between my headset and speakers I really feel its starting to become a bad idea to even update.
I don't know what changes are going on but this year has seen some bad changes.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had actually tried all you suggested.

But let me tell you the weirdest part now.
New speakers arrived and I plug them in boom sound again.
To note I did not turn of PC or change anything only added my physical jack for my speakers, which should of course not effect software in theory, especially not a can't play song where the bar and timer still move on and no sound is present.

I really have no clue how this is supposed to work but since the only other person with my issue also had a very odd fix, I guess I will throw it under the standard randomness that code inherently loves.

Solution is then either windows store version or new speakers?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello. I updated from version 1.1.85 to 1.1.87.gf8d110e2 and there is warnings you mentioned but no problems with playback!

Have you tried to delete spotify app browser cache ?! [your-user-folder/AppData/Local/Spotify/Browser/Cache/Cache_Data]

edit:
Or entire folder [your-user-folder/AppData/Local/Spotify/Browser] because it is recreated on spotify start and not affecting authentication.

Marked as solution

I had actually tried all you suggested.

But let me tell you the weirdest part now.
New speakers arrived and I plug them in boom sound again.
To note I did not turn of PC or change anything only added my physical jack for my speakers, which should of course not effect software in theory, especially not a can't play song where the bar and timer still move on and no sound is present.

I really have no clue how this is supposed to work but since the only other person with my issue also had a very odd fix, I guess I will throw it under the standard randomness that code inherently loves.

Solution is then either windows store version or new speakers?

Then it`s windows 10 audio output configuration side problem 😞 I`m using "eartrumpet" app for volume control and for fast changing outputs. You can try if problem occurs.

Suggested posts