Country

Greece

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello,
I have this issue for quite some time now, I cannot play many songs and or albums as you can see on the screenshots provided Queen : Under Pressure - Remastered plays fine but Spread Your Wings - BBC Session doesn't. This issue appears to be happening only on my PC, I have no problems at all on my Android phone.
The only solution i found so far was to re-install Spotify but that only seems to work for the first time i run the application.
Any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance.

Edit: Apparently i accidentaly posted this on the Mac section... i'm stupid...

Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (3).png
4 Replies

Hey there @Akalyptos,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

We'd first suggest making sure that your device's firmware, along with the sound and graphic card drivers are up to speed with any pending updates.

If you haven't tried already, we'd also recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps below:

1. Click the Start button. Select Settings.
  2. Open System.
  3. Click Apps & features, then select Spotify.
  4. Click Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the pop-up to confirm.
  5. On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up AppData\Roaming.
  6. In the new window that opens up make sure there's no Spotify folder showing up. If there is, you can delete it.
  7. Make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in AppData\Local  (or C:\Users\*USERNAME*\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage) as well.
  8. Turn your device off, wait a couple minutes and turn it on again.
  9. Download and install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

If that doesn't help, it'd be helpful if you could let us know if you see any error messages when this happens.

On another note, no worries, we've gone ahead and moved this thread to the right Desktop board for you 🙂

Let us know how it goes! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you still need help.

Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Thank you for your reply Katerina, i have already tried reinstalling Spotify and as i mentioned in my original post it only worked for the first time i opened the application, meaning that i could play the song i was having issues with before but after i close Spotify and re-open it the same issue apears again. I did try, however, your suggestion but i had no folder for Spotify in either AppData/Local or Roaming to delete and the same issue occured, once again after the second time i opened the application.

Hey @Akalyptos.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the late reply!

Since you mentioned that this is happening with multiple songs/albums, it's possible that you're having an account issue, even if this is only happening on your desktop.

Would you mind creating a new account and seeing if those songs are playing normally on desktop?

If not, let us know and we'll see what we can suggest next 😉

Thank you for your reply Peter, i created a new account and tried multiple songs that i had issues playing in the past and they all seem to work fine ...
If i remember correctly my issue started when i changed i enabled 2-factor-authentication on Facebook and changed my password on Spotify, since then i also couldnt see my firends on Spotify. I also tried to re-link my account to Facebook but it always said it couldn't be done, not really sure if it is related to my original issue though...

Suggested posts