Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play specific artists/songs

Solved!

Can't play specific artists/songs

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7 (64 bit, Pro)

My Question or Issue

For the past month I've been unable to play songs from new artists completely. I click play on for example Loqiemean's Повес2ка album, current song stops playing as it should, progress bar at 0:00, cover photo resets to default, no artist/song shown, only the favourite button.

9d8483fa633a4f4109bfe72f3a7531df

Was planning on entirely dropping Spotify, support is my last hope.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

This issue is currently being looked into.

Please visit this link below to see the latest updates on this issue:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Issues-with-playing-tunes-outside-of-Liked-Songs-or-...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

28 Replies

Same here, just started happening today to me. I can only listen to songs that i have favourited. If i try to play any other song which i have never listened to, or haven't favourited then it just shows a blank image  and nothing plays.

index.png

It's happening to me as well, can't play songs that aren't in my playlists and it's extremely aggravating. Also shows up with no artist name, no song title, no album cover, and no sound. 

Hey man I had the same problem on PC.

I reinstalled spotify on my pc and after that it worked again.

I hope it works for you!

Greetings from The Netherlands

Already did it multiple times, it's more of a temporary fix because I can play a few new artists then it breaks again

its getting pretty annoying, i cant even play certin bands 

This just started happening to me today as well. I tried to play an album on my phone and then cast it to my computer, but that didn't work either. I can listen to any song of my choosing on my phone, but I can only play songs in my library on my laptop.

a.png

Happening to me too. Reinstalling helps, but it just comes back the next day.

Same thing happens with me. I reinstalled and it lasted like 36 hours... can Spotify staff actually help like jeez man. 

I'm having the same issue too and a reinstallation only works for an hour or so. It's getting really frustrating.

Same problem here weeks ago in all my computers, using wondows and mac. I only can play music in playlists if i queue a song it dosent play , i f i search a song i cant play. I tried reinstalling and the problem is still there

Is everyone here using Spotify Free, or do you have Premium?

I use Free. 

Free here. 

I use Premuim

Free.

I use free.

Check your hosts file (windows/system32/drivers/etc).  If your HOSTS file contains a line with "spclient.wg.spotify.com" delete the entry, and you should be able to play all songs, but ads will return.

seems to be related, songs do play now but let's see if it remains stable

This is exactly what I thought. I wish Spotify was available in my country so I could buy premium.

Suggested posts