Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play specific artists/songs

Solved!

Can't play specific artists/songs

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7 (64 bit, Pro)

My Question or Issue

For the past month I've been unable to play songs from new artists completely. I click play on for example Loqiemean's Повес2ка album, current song stops playing as it should, progress bar at 0:00, cover photo resets to default, no artist/song shown, only the favourite button.

9d8483fa633a4f4109bfe72f3a7531df

Was planning on entirely dropping Spotify, support is my last hope.

28 Replies

I've had the exact same problem since about Saturday. Just like you said it won't let me play stuff from artists I haven't listened too before. I tried everything and nothing seems to work. Btw Spotify on my phone works fine, Spotify downloaded on my computer is having this issue. Let me know if any of you guys get an answer. 

I've also been experiencing this problem. The only solution I have found on multiple threads is to uninstall and reinstall Spotify, but this seems to be a temporary fix rather than a permanent one. I really hope the devs can get on top of this problem, because it's super obnoxious to deal with and almost makes me want to go back to Soundcloud.

EDIT: I found a solution here

Same thing has been happening to me for the past couple weeks. I've honestly stopped listening to Spotify because of it. Reinstalling only fixes it until computer restart.

yup, this happened to me too, I reinstalled spotify and now I can't play any of spotify songs, I can play only local files xD

Bought Premium, problem went away 🙂 

Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify today. The problem got worse. Now I can't play anything from spotify at all. Only local files. 

Having the same issue, I can't play anything on Windows 10 desktop app except my pre-existing playlists.

Restarting, reinstalling didn't help.

HELP!

SpotifyIssue.gif

I am experiencing the same issue. I noticed it last week Friday when I tried to play a new released album. Tried the same stuff, remove - install - kill - change install source from microsoft store to web download etc. All playlists were fine and I had to make a playlist out of the album in order to play it. I ended up to search for some random older version of spotify and that worked fine. Currently on version 1.2.8.923.g4f94bf0d and the same issue exists. I am on premium plan.

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

This issue is currently being looked into.

Please visit this link below to see the latest updates on this issue:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Issues-with-playing-tunes-outside-of-Liked-Songs-or-...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts