Can't play the current song

Solved!
Highlighted
4 people liked this

Can't play the current song

deedoubleewedee
Casual Listener

Hi,

I am getting this error "Can't play the current song" on Spotify on my home PC (Windows 10).  The application will then go onto the next song, get the same error and this continues until it runs out of songs to play.

I have reinstalled spotify, turned off high quality streaming (got this from an older post) and have cleared the cache so far nothing.

Does Spotify have a log for errors?  

Has anyone experienced this behaviour before?

Thanks in advance for any help or comment that is made.

Cheers.

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 45 people liked this

Re: Can't play the current song

jarrettarcenas

Try turning off hardware acceleration on Settings (Its on advanced settings.)

Solution! 24 people liked this

Scriven_j
Roadie

So I had this problem on Windows but a Mac answer pointed me in the right direction.

The previous day I had been playing Spotify on one device and controlling it from another device.

I shut down the Windows version.  Opened the version on my phone.

Played a bit of a song (while online).

Opened it in Windows and checked that the "connect to a device" was the Windows version and then played some music and the problem had gone away.

Didn't need to reset cache, restart computer, turn off hardware acceleration or any other things here.

Might not even have needed to shut Spotify down.  Maybe just playing on a different device, or maybe even just checking "connect to a device" is pointing at the correct device might have been sufficient.

Solution! 3 people liked this

I disabled crossfading tracks and it worked for me. It's under Playback in Settings. Hope this works for you!

Solution! 1 person liked this

JThanos
Regular

2018 2.6GHz MBP

Spotify Desktop for Mac 1.0.99.250.g936eab8d

I noticed spotify would not advance to the next song. A blue banner appears, says "cannot play current song". 

I enabled Crossfade, then set to 0 sec. 

All tracks have now advanced successfully since. Can someone else help verify?

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 3.12.22 PM.png
180 Replies
Solution! 45 people liked this

jarrettarcenas

Try turning off hardware acceleration on Settings (Its on advanced settings.)

13 people liked this

meekahdoo

I am having the same problem, every song I try says "This song is not available, if you have it on your computer you can import it"  I am also on windows 10, and I just tried turning off hardware acceleration and restarting , it didn't help. This is a new issue as of last night.  Any other thoughts?

deedoubleewedee
Casual Listener

Thanks.  This worked.

As an experiment, once I turned it off and it worked.  I turned it back on again and it still worked.  Both times I had to restart.

Thanks again.

22 people liked this

goodname1
Casual Listener
didn't work for me. Still getting lots of songs "can't play current song"
9 people liked this

donkim111

Can't play any songs on free account or upgraded account.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  Turned on hardware acceleration and turned it off.  Doesn't seem to help.  Can't anyone offer advice?

8 people liked this

Casual Listener

Hey,

That solution is not working for me (turning off hardware acceleration). Any other idea?

Using Spotify 1.0.26.132.ga4e3ccee on desktop, windows 7 and getting regularly the error "Can't play the current song" when getting close to the end of a song. Thanks!

2 people liked this

may868

I had the same issue and I tried reinstalling, and turning off hardware acceleration and I still had the same issue like some of the other replies on here. But then I tried restarting my computer and the issue went away! Hope this can help some other people who are having the same problem!!

3 people liked this

psz34

I did all of that and still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

2 people liked this

aram272
I just installed spotify on my new laptop and worked fine on the first night but now I'm having the same problem and i've tried all of the possible solutions and still doesn't work. Any other thoughts? Thank you.
SUGGESTED POSTS