Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play the current song.

Can't play the current song.

Hello. I've been using Spotify since 2013 and I'm having a problem I've never encountered before on Desktop (v 1.0.44.100) and it's driving me crazy. As the title speaks for itself, I'm getting this error every now and then since the new update. 

I've tried:

-Reinstalling the app.

-Disabling the local files section.

-Downgrading to older version.

-Disabling the hardware accelerator.

None of them worked and it's really annoying. I've been using SpotifyWeb since the error but what's the catch if I'm not able to download and listen offline. Not to mention 320 kbps. I hope we can fix this or I'm thinking of unsubscribing from premium. Thanks in advance.

7 Replies

I've seen that error pop up quite a bit, I think the cause is if your internet isn't fast enough to supply the song by a certain time.

I usually just wait a few seconds and try again and it plays the song, but you could also try reducing the quality to the next step down and see if that helps.

I have the same issue, extremely irritating. Tried to uninstall everything and delete all remaining files in the system, reinstall and the same problem persists.

I've been thinking of upgrading to premium from unlimited, but with problems like these I don't think I'll be spending more money on spotify.

With Premium you could actually just download whatever playlists you listen to often, though it depends on how you listen to music on Spotify.

How frequently does the "Can't play the current song" message pop up for you guys?  I only get it about twice a month or so, so it seems like a small problem to me.  Is it more like every day for you guys?

Unlimited isn't even offered anymore, at least for new applicants, that's really cool.

It happens to me like every 5 min. When I click on a track, sometimes it just doesn't start and sometimes it buffers 10~ seconds and there it is again. Too annoying, driving me absolutely crazy. My internet connection is ~100mbps so nothing wrong with that. I assume it has something to do with Spotify servers but not sure about that.

Yeah I know the features of premium like saving the playlists, but there's no guarantee that it would work any better.

I had this same problem last week, but that time I got rid of it by uninstalling and installing the program again. Not this time, and right now I can't listen to anything, not a single song will play. Pretty crappy.

Exactly friend. True to all that. Spotify is getting worse and worse everyday. Actually it's success to make this brilliant idea get worse. 1-2 years ago it was like the best program ever but these days, every feature is being removed, disabled etc... Nice Spotify, keep going.

Apparently it pays to complain and moan, my Spotify began working as it should. No idea what the issue was, after another restart it started working without a problem. Hopefully yours will work again soon.

Suggested posts