Can't play the current song

Solved!

Re: Can't play the current song

cymrumtb7

A couple of days after installing Spotify I got a message coming up which looked as if Spotify was re-installing itself, I cancelled and then I received the 'Can't play current song.' I closed Spotify and then went to downloads and clicked on the installer for Spotify. It began by looking as if Spotify was installing a duplicate program, then closed. It automatically reopened Spotify and Hey presto, it worked again!

I think it just needed to update or something, thought I might let you guys know in case you had the same problem as me.

tim_morell2011

For those of you who aren't finding a solution,

If your audio output is a third party interface to a set of speakers other than your desktop's internal speakers then you need to unplug your interface and plug it back in. Not sure why this happens. Been dealing with it for over a year now. 

cappo5

I don't have the problem on my iMac at home for whatever reason but I accidentally stumbled across a solution for the iMac I use at another location. In advanced settings.....crossfade the songs. This way Spotify doesn't see them as 2 separate songs and it fades yet rolls one song into the next thinking it's one song. So easy even a dope like myself did it. ;P

Ok.....upon further review, this only works randomly. Better than never at all but keep working on a fix.

najera

FOR MACBOOK USERS: Try quiting Spotify then opening it again in Finder. It worked for me.

BennyTheATV

FIXED: for me!

Ok, If you are using a Headset that use USB instead of normal jack, Try swiching usb port or just plug in and and out!

And KAPLAO! Fixed for me......

Hardware Acceleration didnt resolve

DrunkMonkNz

However it turns out my USB port had developed a problem. Unplugged my USB headset, plugged it in again and resolved the issue.

jobe1987

I have tried the solutions suggested on this thread but am still having the problem. Any other ideas?

wreckfish111
Casual Listener

Update: I've tried numerous "solutions" and exchanged countless emails with Spotify support all to no avail.  I've canceled my Spotify account, moved all my playlists over to Google Play via an app called Stamp.

Casual Listener

UPDATE:

I am not having this problem anymore. It stopped after one of the latest software updates.

Ms_MusicHead

Not sure if anyone is still having these issues. On a Mac laptop the setting fixes tend to be different.

What did NOT work:

- unchecking local files

- logging out, logging back in

- unchecking High Quality

- **there is no Hardware Acceleration on my Advanced Settings, so that didn't work**

.. I closed out Spotify (or so I thought) and was about to move the application to the Trash so I could reinstall it.. However, upon trying to move it to the Trash, my Mac alerted me that the application was still running.

SOLUTION:

I clicked the Apple icon at top left of my screen > Force Quit > Spotify

(As Mac users know, you can have an application closed but somehow it's not actually "Quit".)

Re-open the application and login!

This worked for me and I did not have to reinstall! Hope this helps any Mac users

SUGGESTED POSTS