Can't play the current song

Solved!

Re: Can't play the current song

Fadurakis

I can't find "hardware aceleration" in spotify for mac, help.

cartwheels

I got that same message using Spotify on my mac (after having disconnected from a speaker device).  I tried to close Spotify and reopen it.  That didn't work.  Then, I quit Spotify and reopened it.  That worked.  I didn't have to restart or play the music from my phone.

Solution!

I disabled crossfading tracks and it worked for me. It's under Playback in Settings. Hope this works for you!

moxypants

None of the ways to solve this issue has worked for me... such a random issue...

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22

Hey @moxypants,

The issue is being looked into in this thread too. In it, there are several possible solutions. I'm sure one of them will solve it for you.

osorniosRock Star 22
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

siljebirkmose

Same thing happened to me! what worked for was: i had to force quit my spotify on my Mac and then reopen it and listen from my phone

hubert1983

I had the same error message and it was because I was connected to my companies VPN. Once I disconnected all of the songs were available to play again.

silverphoenix

Test if you couldn't play youtube videos too. I did a restart of my machine and it fixed the issue. Apparently there was a java or plug-in update my firefox kicked off. If restart doesn't work, try updating your java JRE or browser plug-ins that have some relation to music controls.

dclarke

Problem was frustrating me too!  I found the following worked for me.

1. Close Spotify.
  2. Open Windows Task Manager (on Windows 10 you right click the Windows start button and it's on that menu)
  3. Locate Windows process called 'SpotifyWebHelper (32 bit)'
  4. Select it and then End Task (button)
  5. End Task on any other 'Spotify' tasks
  6. Restart Spotify and it all works fine.

Julio158
Casual Listener

I have been having the same problem for months. Turning off hardware acceleration and re-installing both don't work.

Any other ideas?

SUGGESTED POSTS