Can't play the current song

Solved!

Re: Can't play the current song

bulaiid
Casual Listener

This does not work. I have already tried that and I still get the same message. After one song ends, it won't play the next one.

Please fix this !

pete_a

I just unplugged my headset conntected through the USB port (which had Spotify through it).  Music then coming from the speakers on the laptop.  Then reconnected the headset, and everything works just fine.

arivesteinsson

What worked for me on my Win 10 machine was to disable the headset under Sound (in Control Panel) -> Playback (tab).

Step-wise: i) Closed down Spotify, ii) Disabled my headset, iii) Launched Spotify, iv) re-enabled the headset, and it started streaming the audio to the headphones :)

nancytersigni

Worked like a charm! Thanks Jarrettarcenas!

sensabull

thank you! turning off hardware acceleration worked- all i needed to do was restart---

tchubirubsi
Casual Listener

The same problem happened sporadicallty on my pc (Windows 10) , but since I updated Spotify this week, it became much worse, it only worked for a few hours last night. Spotify support, please provide a solution, otherwise I would rather close my Premium account. 

Jennings

Also receiving error. Restarted Spotify and Computer - doesn't fix issue. Using Windows 10

everythingshiny
I've tried literally EVERY trick mentioned here and nothing works. At most I can get thru 2 songs. This is very frustrating and apparently not worth my time since none of these fixes are universal or permanent. Wasted $10 this month I guess, which is a shame because I love Spotify more than any other music host. Back to Google Play I go... 8 hour days at work. Can't be messing with something that can't be fixed to accommodate. Bye.

K3v1n
Casual Listener

Didn't work.

K3v1n
Casual Listener

It's the restarting that "fixes" the bug.  Not the hardware acceleration.

SUGGESTED POSTS