Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't rearrange songs through playlist

Can't rearrange songs through playlist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Usually I have no problems like this but I'm trying to move songs around my playlist but now it doesn't work correctly. When I move a song higher, it suddenly returns to the spot it first was in. Again, this has never happen before. 

3 Replies

Hey @Monie9 

There are two things you can try 🙂

1. Ensure that you haven't sorted the playlist in any way. Look for any little arrows on columns at the top of the playlist.

2. If the issue still persists, a reinstall could be the cure.

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I always listen to my music with the shuffle, so I didn't change playlist around at all.

I did delete and download the Spotify app again and but now when I move songs around the whole playlist changes completely with different songs. I don't understand these problems with Spotify (on Windows Desktop).  

Hey there @Monie9,

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry for the late reply.

Could you try to delete any host files that might be interfering with the proper functionality of the desktop app.

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know if that helped! If the issue persists it would be great if you can share some screenshots or a screen-capture video.

Also let us know if this happens on a specific playlist or on multiple ones.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts