Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't search cyrillic songs

Can't search cyrillic songs

Hi,

When I try to search cyrillic songs in my playlist, they don't appear. However, they seem to appear when searching on the main bar. Which happens on my phone, too. I can find them only by sorting my 1k playlist. That makes them impossible to find and play on a mobile device. Help?

4 Replies

Hey  @U3DyXAH

That's a pretty interesting issue and I am able to reproduce it.

I'd like to know what devices and operating systems you are running as well as the Spotify versions. 🙂

You can also try out reinstalling Spotify to see if it persists.

I figured out it's possible to find these songs when searching (filtering) by artist name, even if they are cyrillic. Does that work this way for you too?

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm running Spotify on an old Android phone and a Windows 10 PC. However, i just found out that i can find the songs by using the right casing. Searching with only lower case words won't find anything. Worked on both devices. Also, it won't let me tell you the versions for some reason.

@U3DyXAH

Is the Community throwing an error, or Spotify?

You can give screenshots too. For Windows there's Snipping Tool which is very handy.
For uploading your pics (if attaching doesn't work) I can recommend Tinypic.

That's interesting that the right casing works. At least something. 🙂

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It was the community forum giving the error but it seems working now, before it would say the whole reply was something against the community guidelines.

Anyway, everything seems to be working now, thanks 🙂

Suggested posts