Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't search for local songs and they are no longer integrated in the interface

Can't search for local songs and they are no longer integrated in the interface

My Question or Issue

Search no longer finds local songs and local songs aren't integrated so don't show up under artist or anything.

Previously if Spotify had song but it wasn't available in your region due to licencing reasons it would be greyed out, but if you had brought a copy of that song spotify would check to see if you had that song and enable it.

Now it just seems to ignore the fact you have a local file.

e.g. the song "No Fun by SONOIO" isn't available in my region anymore so I brought it on amazon and put the mp3's into my local music folder.

If I go to the artist page that song/album aren't there. (Previously they would be there)

If I use the main search button it won't find the song or any local songs. (Previously search would search your local music)

To play this song I need to go to local files and filter for the song.

Is this a temporary bug and is there any plan to bring back integration of local songs

This happens on multiple devices, software and browsers.

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

Below is an image showing how the Spotify version of the song is greyed out, even though I have a local version below it. Previously Spotify would ungrey songs that you had.

unparagoned_0-1672562303524.png

2 Replies

Hi there @unparagoned,

Thanks for the post.

It depends on the metadata of the local file, if it will appear or not when searched for in your Library.

Normally, Local files won't appear instead of the original grayed out version of a song. I can't remember such a feature being available. This is because songs uploaded on Spotify have vastly different metadata than song you'd download from another service.

Hope this information clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Alex, that's not correct. Most of my songs were recognised by Spotify, so literally thousands of songs. Now zero songs are recognised. 

It's not an issue with the metadata. 

edit:

Try it yourself, add a local file(not available in your region) with the correct metadata and see if you can find it in your search results.

Suggested posts