Can't see all songs by an artist

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've been having trouble seeing all songs by an artist on their artist page. I know I used to be able to but I can't find where the option is anymore. I looked around and it looks like some people had a similar question but the response was to use the search function and say "See All Songs" but that doesn't give you every song by an artist alone. For example if I wanted to see all the songs by the Killers using that method this is what I'd get.

NouveauPunk_0-1608622471885.png

I can't imagine they'd remove the option to just see a band's music, is there an option I'm missing? I can click between individual albums or see the top 10 most popular but I'm looking to just see all their music in a list. I'm using the desktop app. 

Thanks!

5 Replies

Hey @NouveauPunk

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for reaching out about this.

Keep in mind that when you use the Search tab, you'll get different results that match the keywords you've entered in the Search bar. This is the reason why you're unable to see only the songs from a particular artist.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

You can also have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you have any other doubts, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Have a good one 🙂

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This answer seriously sounds kind of sarcastic. I have the same "problem" as MANY OTHERS, a.k.a. I just try to use one of the (seemingly) core features that already existed, the answers are all either "search and click songs" (not working, see question, or try to search for all songs of "**bleep**" that way).

Either there is a function op and me are missing, e.g. a button was moved, or said important and kind of core feature was removed without replacement.

Why does it sound sarcastic?

"Keep in mind that when you use the Search tab, you'll get different results that match the keywords you've entered in the Search bar. This is the reason why you're unable to see only the songs from a particular artist."

is EXACTLY the problem OP described. Not the "solution".

If I sound agresive, I am sorry for that.

Thing is: searching google for ages, only finding "the solution" a.k.a. "search and click songs" or "thanks for calling" grinds my gears. -.-

Is there an actual solution, or are we forced to use some other service if we wish to see all songs of ONE artist?

Really wana know, since I loved to use spotify (mostly BECAUSE of the ability to discover artists by randomly listening playlists, and then "bingelisten" to all their songs)

Thanks and have a nice day. 🙂

edit: the **bleep** band name is the slang word for a women offering her body in exchange for money, starting with an "s", ending on "t" and having 4 letters.

Great band. check them out if you don't know them 🙂

Found the feature. -.-

They actually just hid it real good.....seems not many ppl have figured it out though, looking at the threats tackling this topic.

1. Go to artists page (search, click name under a song, whatever...)

2. scroll down to "albums", click it.

3. now click on the "list" option on the upper right. (see screenshot)

Weird the official stuff did not point that out, and everyone and their grandma either do not seem to know or suggest "search". 😕

Glad I gave it a last try before deinstaling...

have a nice day.

spotify_show songs of artist.PNG

Not sarcastic, just avoiding the fact that they removed a feature which was highly practical, did an update, and removed it. Seriously, what do-do would think that was a good idea? They essentially made a really good app about 50% useless.

Suggested posts