Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see my friends in the activity bar

Can't see my friends in the activity bar

As the title says. I see only one of my friends in the activity bar, can't see the others.

I know they listen music and we tried to listen at the same time, but they won't show up on my spotify, but I appear on theirs.

What can I do ?

I tried unfollowing them and following them again, I tried uninstalling Spotify and go to an older version, etc...

No success.

5 Replies

This is because they are not sharing their listening activity on Spotify. There is an option in Settings: "Publish my activity on Spotify". That needs to be enabled.

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately, this option is checked on their side 😕

Have they recently been listening to music? Sometimes, I have a noticeable delay in seeing the tracks they listen to. Another point to keep in mind: their listening activity only stays there for a limited time. (Not sure if it's more than 24 hours. I can see now up to 20 hours in my own feed)

In short: Have them play 3 or 4 tracks without interruption, while they share activity and while they're NOT in Private Mode, and wait for a few more minutes.

Yeah we listened music together for more than an hour.

I will keep on waiting see if Spotify just has a huge delay but seems kinda weird to me since we are supposed to see what they are listneing real time.

Thanks for your answers anyway !

Since you mentioned listening together, I'd like to ask how it was done. Was the music cast to a Chromecast, Google Home, etc? That's one area where Friend Activity can be spotty, since casting still causes issues like missed Last.fm scrobbles.

Suggested posts