Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see playlist followers in new Spotify version

Can't see playlist followers in new Spotify version

In the new version of Spotify, playlists list the number of followers each playlist has, but not who is following it. In the previous version there were thumbnails of three followers, but there was no way to see more (very annoying). Now it seems that you can't see the identities of anyone following your playlists. Am I missing something here?

106 Replies

Yep it's gone but those three pictures didn't add much value really.

True. The move from bad to worse is frustrating though. For what's supposed to be a soical experience, why is it impossible to see who follows your playlists?

If I remember, when they removed the ability to look at followers, the explanation was that the function was seriously broken by playlists with thousands of followers. Maybe they'll bring it back one of these days.

They should at least do a temporary quick fix for basic users:

if ( user.followers.length > 1000 ) do whatever bs they're doing now;
else display( user.followers ).

C'mon Spotify. 

Yes, Spotify please bring it back. This is one of the most important features...

Yes! #pleasefix #please

Yeah incredibly frustrating 'social' experience! Easy fix for smaller number of followers...BUMP!

Yes please fix

+1 - this is quite annoying!

Please fix!

Please fix.

stop changing everything to keep up with whatever, people like the program and miss it for what it was: public playlist of starred tracks, easier to read platform colors, etc.

like always it usually takes 2 to 3 years to spotify to fix anything *sigh*

Well it's about time now !

Seriously, who had the brilliant idea of removing that function? At least show us 50 random followers, there are so many solutions to this, and it's a good function that will let us interact more in your platform.

Hi! All of you can go and submit an idea here Idea Submissions and give kudos if you really want the feature back 🙂

Also, you might want to give comments and kudos to this idea.

+1 STRONGLY AGREE

Coming from Rdio, this was a really great part of the social experience.  Now this feels more numbers driven and less personal.

@IsaacHale wrote:

In the new version of Spotify, playlists list the number of followers each playlist has, but not who is following it. In the previous version there were thumbnails of three followers, but there was no way to see more (very annoying). Now it seems that you can't see the identities of anyone following your playlists. Am I missing something here?

why can not I add contacts?

Suggested posts