Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't share songs on any social media

Solved!

Can't share songs on any social media

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Desktop 

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hey! I spotted yesterday that, when trying to share a song on Spotify, all the social media options have disappeared and now I can only copy the song link or the embed code. The issue is still occurring today.
Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @arthurwesker,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

That's right- this feature isn't available anymore with the New Desktop app. However, as @Jeremy mentioned above, if you think other users would also find useful this feature to go back, you can always share your idea in our Ideas board. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this Spotify Answer, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it'll be implemented. We really value your feedback as it helps us to keep improving the app and the overall experience.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @arthurwesker,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We're happy to help.

This is expected behavior. You can't share songs directly to social media from the desktop app. 

However, if you think this feature will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app.

Let us know if you have any questions 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks a lot Jeremy, sorry for the late answer, I didn't see your response.
This was something I did before the new UI implementation, aren't you supporting this functionality now then?
This is an example of how it looked when I shared something on twitter using the desktop app
https://twitter.com/Arthurullo/status/1376812445004611584
Thanks a lot!
Marked as solution

Hey @arthurwesker,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

That's right- this feature isn't available anymore with the New Desktop app. However, as @Jeremy mentioned above, if you think other users would also find useful this feature to go back, you can always share your idea in our Ideas board. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this Spotify Answer, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

The more votes an idea gets, the more likely it'll be implemented. We really value your feedback as it helps us to keep improving the app and the overall experience.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts