Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't unlike a song

Solved!

Can't unlike a song

I've accidentaly pressed thumbs up for a song that I don't like, and now I'm stuck, because I can't unlike it and this problem is from 2012, what the actual **bleep**? Spotify, please fix this, this is madness...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I FOUND IT, GO TO YOUR PLAYLISTS. ITS IN "LIKED FROM RADIO"

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Its not solved but our best bet is going to this post. Lets tell spotify this is still a big issue. They already have a request page up if we get enough requests they will have to.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi @cheesexe, welcome to the community!

I've found a workaround for this, at least in the mobile app.

When you tap thumbs up or down accidentally, go to Recently Played, tap the song you "thumbed", and then add it to up next. Then tap next song: it will play again and you'll be able to thumb it up or down again 🙂

You can also support this Idea.

I hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Great work around. Thanks You can just select the offending song from the radio queue.
Marked as solution

I FOUND IT, GO TO YOUR PLAYLISTS. ITS IN "LIKED FROM RADIO"

Another workaround, easier to do on desktop, is as @Benenderby said, you can find it in your "Liked from Radio" playlist. Delete it from there and you'll be able to rate for it again (when you click on it again in the station).  

Note to turn off your sorting options for the playlist (if you have any) and the song will be first in the list. 

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Its not solved but our best bet is going to this post. Lets tell spotify this is still a big issue. They already have a request page up if we get enough requests they will have to.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

Another easy work around is to right click on the song you accidentally liked and select "Go to Song Radio" and it will create a new station with that sh**ty song and the song will be at the top of the list in the new "Song Radio" station and there you can give it a thumbs down. After disliking the song from the new station it will allow you to judge the song in all other stations or wherever else it has been listed. This "work around" absolutely works and is fairly easy for those who are or aren't familiar with how spotify works. 

I found an easier way I just went to my playlists and deleted liked playlist and it deleted everything I liked. 

Is this a joke? You think Spotify could figure out a way to allow us to simply unlike the song by hitting the thumbs down icon OR hitting the thumbs up icon again to disable it?!? This isn't rocket science Spotify...what year are we in again?

You're welcome.

Love,

Jonathan

Suggested posts