Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't update my playlists. Help please

Can't update my playlists. Help please

Hello,

After the last update I can't drag&drop or even "ADD TO" anything to my playlists. (no 10.000 songs)

There is some kind of playlists scanning or something because minute by minute more and more playlists are working as they should but I have many playlists and it takes a long time (really long) to have all my playlists fully funcional. The worse part is that with the next launch this procedure is starting over.

The issue is not drag&drop not working but this weird procedure when one by one after about 20-25 seconds each playlist is ready to use drag&drop.

Curious thing: when the playlist is open and I want to put a song I currently play by dragging it from left bottom corner it is possible. 

The problem is, that I can't drag a song directly on playlist list on the left before it is "scanned". And that takes a long time...

HELP! please. I'm a premium user for years and I can't even manage my playlists?

I'm using Windows 7 and Windows 10 and on both computers it's the same.

7 Replies

hello hellen, im so sorry about this but have you tried restarting you computer ? i know it doesn’t sound like much but it could have a big difference ! try it out and let me know what happens !

I restarted computer, I completely uninstalled Spotify with Revo maybe 6 times and even made new Windows 7 installation on my Win7 computer. Still the same.

On friday I was using Spotify on my Acer Aspire S7 with Win10. The blue dot occured and I updated my spotify....minute after that drag&drop on the playlist name on the left was dead.

On saturday I launched Spotify on my Win7 computer. It worked good but the blue dot occured (update) and a minute later....drag&drop on the list in the second computer was dead. So the problem is Spotify and not computer or operating system.

I have to wait 2hours to be able to drag and drop songs on the playlists list on the left!

Another thing:

I can add songs to any playlist I open. I'm opening it and I can drag any song there. After that, this playlist is a kind of enabled for drag&drop directly on the long playlist list on the left. Playlists above or under are disabled. Should I make this process with my all 300 playlists? And every time I use Spotify again?

What is happening with my account after this TERRIBLE UPDATE!

The worst thing is, that I'm a premium user for years and I still can't count on any support from Spotify...

is anybody working there?

there is a serious issue after the last update with playlists and nobody at Spotify cares?

can anybody check their accounts?

After you launch Spotify can you add a song to playlist with drag and drop directly on playlist name on the list on the left? not opened playlist. For example enter Nirvana profile and try to drag and drop any track on 2-3 of your playlists right after launching Spotify.

Can you do that? I have a circle that occured only when I tried to add something to Spotify's or any other NOT MINE playlist but now I'm now allowed to add track by drag and drop on the name of playlist that is MINE.

Help

While I haven't had this exact issue, I can confirm something's definitely messed up with playlist management as of a recent update. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, as you seem to be, and managing playlists is screwed. There seem to be other issues opened about this, so hopefully they'll get noticed and fixed soon.

I have this problem on Win7 and Win10

There is a kind of "scanning" after I launch Spotify and after maybe 1 minute another playlist is available for drag&drop directly on the name of playlist (without opening it in main window).

But I've got so many playlists that it would take hours for all to scan 😕

It's really frustrating. On my Windows7 computer I did a new Windows installation and that gave me nothing. The problem is clearly on Spotify's side.

I don't understand this why there is tht "scanning" after EVERY USE! I would understand once for a while but now I can exit spotify, then open it again and it starts ALL OVER! Nightmare....

Sincerely, 4 years premium user...

I have this issue, and I've only got about 15 playlists.  I am only able to add to a few playlists (which ones changes every few seconds). Very annoying.  

Suggested posts