Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Operating System

Windows 10,etc

My Question or Issue

Hello Spotify Community,

I need some help. My Spotify is acting really really weird. I have Premium. I stream music on spotify every day. But for 1 month my Spotify is acting really weird. I can't use radio. I always get an error. I also can't see my friends ... or use the options to see what my friends are listening to. 

So the newest problem I got is, that my Playlists (created by Spotify) are uncomplete. My Discovery Weekly had only 9 songs. But on my mobile phone, 30 songs. Now my Release Radar only has 11 songs (last week only 1 song). I don't know where the problem comes from. On my s9 device is everything normal and it only appears on the program. If I use Spotify Web, everything is normal. (so every problem I describe are on my Computer (or the Spotify Programm, i got from the official Spotify site, not the Store.). 

So I tried to do a soft reinstall. I deleted Spotify, and the spotify folder, twice. It worked for 1 day. But today the problem seems to be back. (To mention. The Radio didn't worked after I reinstalled Spotify. So it didn't solve that problem.) 

Can anyone here please help me ? 

5 Replies

Hey @Lux0s

That looks like a network-related issue. You can try checking your hosts file first. 🙂

It's easy, you'll just need admin rights:

1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

Note: if you don't see hosts file, try typing hosts in the file name field and click Open.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well, thank you for your answer, but I've already fixed it on my own. 

I had to download an older version of Spotify.

Everything is fine so far. But if it does come back, I will come back here and try your solution.

Thank you very much. 

@Lux0s

I'm glad you found a solution. 🙂

Do let me know if the issue returns and you need help!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well, the thing is. I can't use the newer versions of Spotify. So somehow I have to prevent spotify from updating itself. How do I do this ? 

It always updates, when I close an reopen it. 

Reinstall the 2018 december update -  1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b. You can get it at filehorse.

And then make that you block spotify updating in hosts file.

# Block spotify updates

0.0.0.0 upgrade.scdn.co

The problem with songs not playing is in the latest spotify version.

Suggested posts