Announcements

Can't use spotify in native app for Windows 10 "Turn off offline mode and try again" accesspoint:39

Can't use spotify in native app for Windows 10 "Turn off offline mode and try again" accesspoint:39

GilVale

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Brazil

Operational System

Windows 10

My question or problem:

Hi! I'm having trouble using Spotify's native app for Windows 10. The music control bar is frozen, and when I try to play any song, nothing happens.

When I click it many times in a row, I get the message "Turn Off Offline Mode and Try Again." Turns out Offline mode is not activated! When I log out and log in again, the following error message appears:

"Maybe a firewall is blocking Spotify. Update the firewall with a permission for Spotify. Also, you can try to change the current proxy settings (Error code: accesspoint:39)"

When I close Spotify, open it again and try to login again, the login is successful. But the problem with playing songs remains.

The Web Player version works normally in any browser.

What I've already tried:

- Reinstall Spotify

- Clear registry entries and residual files

- Restart the computer

- Change app version for PC (I used the program installed through the website, I switched to Microsoft Store App for Windows 10)

- Disable Antivirus

- Check Firewall

- Change proxy settings

erro spotify 3.png
erro spotify 1.png
erro spotify 2.png
3 Replies

Eni

Hey there @GilVale

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a regular one?

In case the issue persists, we recommend trying with a different network, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

GilVale

I've tried this and it don't worked. About the network, I can't try a new network because my PC doesn't have Wi-fi Access, just Ethernet, so the only way to test this out would be installing a new internet provider in my house... Is there any other way to test the network using the same router and connection?

MafeG

Hi @GilVale,

Thank you for your reply!

In this case, the alternative would be to connect to someone else's internet with an ethernet cable. This way we can rule out issues with your network.

In the meantime, you can also clear the Hosts file on your PC and see if it does the trick. These are the steps to do it. 

Also, if you've downloaded and installed the app directly from our website, you can also try downloading it from the Microsoft Store.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts

Env: prod