Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can you "Refresh" a playlist not showing latest entries?

Can you "Refresh" a playlist not showing latest entries?

I have Spotify premium for family. My question though is specific to the Windows Desktop app and I dont think the plan matters. 

Generally, every Friday when I wake up I like to go through the "New Music Friday" and "Release Radar" playlists. This is my work laptop and I stay logged in 24x7 for weeks at a time. I also tend to leave Spotify open as it is often in the middle of some playlist.

The problem is, come Friday morning after Spotify has updated both the aforementioned playlists, it is still showing the previous Fridays songs from 7+ days ago.

I've tried hitting F5 and searching context menus for some sort of refresh option but the only way I can get the new songs to show is by exiting the app and restarting it. Not a huge deal but it would be more friendly if I could just hit a refresh key and have it update the list. 

Any way to do this or do I need to exit and restart the app?

2 Replies

Hey there @Gamul1

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your laptop? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. After the clean reinstall the app will be updated and you'll no longer need to restart it multiple times to get this fixed.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

hmmm. I think I'll just restart the app every Friday. Much less hassle.

Thanks anyway.

Suggested posts