Can you upload your own music?

Solved!

Re: Can you upload your own music?

braydon_r17
Casual Listener

For those wondering how to listen your OWN music stored on your phone, in Spotify, simply follow these instructions.  NOTE that it requires having a PC, AND PREMIUM.

https://support.spotify.com/is/using_spotify/features/listen-to-local-files/

It works.

ALSO NOTE that the instructions only talk about importing files stored on your PC.  To import files from your phone, you first have to copy them to a folder on your PC, THEN add that folder as a source for Spotify to look for music in, using the instructions in the support article above.

kabinx
Casual Listener

@Jude@Jude wrote:

It isn't possible to upload your own music files to the Spotify servers for syncing back to your devices though. That would require extra music licensing, and so extra charges for customers.

Then why Google Play Music is enabling you to upload your own music?

This feature is not limited to Premium / Subscription users and I don't think they buy licences, so what gives?

@Jude

Element115

Go complain to the record labels, not Spotify.  You're barking up the wrong tree.  Artists need to get paid in order to create the music you listen to.

adamsanders3
Casual Listener
You have that backwards. Artists need to create the music we like in order to get paid. If they put out trash, then they don’t get paid/picked up.

tobiasw1
Casual Listener

They already got paid when I bought their records which I want to listen to now. 

gacpac

I don't know if I'm mistaken, but I looked today at my library. I know there are songs that of course are in the Spotify servers, but I found like 3,000 + songs "added to the library" at the same time and day in 2017. And some of those songs are songs that I have listened in years. I'm confused and happy at the same time, but It looks like the music I had on my PC long ago (I don't have that music anymore, at least not in my pc), was in Spotify, and it added automatically into my library who knows. 

There's no way that I have to listen to the whole discography of Michael Jackson on the same day.

Capture.PNG

Chrisja

@braydon_r17 wrote:

For those wondering how to listen your OWN music stored on your phone, in Spotify, simply follow these instructions.  NOTE that it requires having a PC, AND PREMIUM.

https://support.spotify.com/is/using_spotify/features/listen-to-local-files/

It works.

ALSO NOTE that the instructions only talk about importing files stored on your PC.  To import files from your phone, you first have to copy them to a folder on your PC, THEN add that folder as a source for Spotify to look for music in, using the instructions in the support article above.

No it doesn't work. It used to work, but suddenly all the local files on my mobile are gone. So I tried to download them again, but it just won't. Each song has the status 'waiting for download', but even after an hour, but the downloads just doesn't actually start.

Yes, my desktop and my mobile are on the same network. Both connected to the same reliable and fast AP. This is so bad ...

marcorivm
Casual Listener

Google Music does it tho

Solution!

Hey folks,

If you can't find something you're looking for on the Spotify app, then it's likely that it's not been made available in your country yet - check out this article to find out more about the reasons for this.

If you own music files which you would like to add to your collection on Spotify, then you can totally do this. The steps to add these files (known as local files) to Spotify are outlined in this article.

If you have any further questions about local files, let us know - we're here to help.

If, on the other hand, you are an artist who wants to make their music available on Spotify, make sure to head over here.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
SUGGESTED POSTS