Announcements

Can you upload your own music?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Can you upload your own music?

user-removed
Not applicable

Hello and welcome:

True you can see local music files other users have added into their own playlists, but the local music files themselves are not uploaded to the spotify service. I have some artists playlists like AC/DC you can see every track in that playlist but I did not upload the content to the spotify service. Theses are all local music files on my machine. Users can not upload content to the spotify service. All content from the spotify service either comes through from a label release, and/or through a digital distribution third party to be uploaded to the spotify service and added to an artists page for inclusion for regional approved listening.

Highlighted

Regular

Question: is your local file scrobblable? And how does it work on iOS devices? (It doesn't right?)

Highlighted

Well you need to upload it from spotify app on computer its that simple
Highlighted

and how do you do that?
Highlighted

Well, I might switch 😞

I like Spotify alot but the fact that you can't add your own music (that you can't find on spotify) sucks hard! 

Highlighted

Regular

So JayLB, if you can see local music files other users have added into their own playlists, can you somehow play them or add them to your own playlists? It seems that I have been able to do this in the past. It was a CD from someone's brthday party that had a song or two that didn't show up anyplace else except on that CD. At first I thought it was some professionally mix CD like Music Now or some cheesy CD like that, but it wasn't. HAd the birthday lady's picture for the cover art and everything. Wasn't the most flattering, either.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Cam24/7 music
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I would like to upload my local albums as "albums', not playlists. Is there a way to do so?

Highlighted

Community Legend
Hi @pierre-roberge,
I think the way you want to do it isn't possible(so that you can klick on the album and it displays like a regular album on Spotify)...
But that would definitly be a nice feature, maybe you are willed to introduce your idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/New-Ideas/ct-p/newideas
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thank you Quanty, I will.

SUGGESTED POSTS