Announcements

Can you upload your own music?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Can you upload your own music?

Is there any way to post a song on the Spotify mobile app?? Because I would like to be able to upload my own songs.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Hy Mylittlebiscuit.

It depends on operating system. What's yours?

Kind regards.

Highlighted

I added a local album to my Spotify account on my desktop. The ablubm shows up under Local Files. When I got to the spotify app on my cell phone, there is no "local files" listed and the album I added on my desktop isn't in my iPhone Spotify app.  Any ideas?

I also added the album to a playlist on my desktop. The playlist shows up in the iPhone Spotify app, shows that there are 11 songs but then i click on the playlist and it is blank. Any ideas?

What i am trying to do is to pull in all of my local music into Spotiy so that I can play it across all of my devices. I can't use DropBox for this like everyone suggests because my phone isn't large enough to support all of my music if I have it there.

Many thanks!

Highlighted

Regular

First off, "local files" are just that, local to the device where they were saved. Therefore, if you saved files locally to your desktop, they're not going to be on your phone. Yes, it sounds a bit silly since that kind of suggests that you might have the option to save files someplace else, such as the cloud, but that's not the case. Unfortunately. 

Second, It's my understanding that you can add local files to either your desktop OR your phone. However, as stated previously, the files remain in their respective location until you change the setting to "make them available offline." What this does is basically copy the file(s) to the device where the files are not local. (If you saved files to your phone, this would copy the files to your desktop, and if you saved files to your desktop, it would copy files to your phone. The latter is in theory, as I've never tried to make files on my phone "available offline" for my desktop. I'm not even sure this is allowed, and it might depend on your particular phone app, as it seems some versions are slightly different.) Otherwise, when you make a playlist with local files and try to view them on a device other then where the files are saved, they won't show up. Or, they may show up, but be greyed out and inaccessible.

The problem with making "local files available offline" especially for your phone is now instead of streaming the music (which is what you have Spotify for in the first place) it makes a copy of ALL the songs you want to make available offline on your phone, taking up memory. And what if you've created a BANGING playlist that has over 100+ songs in it? Guess what, that 100+ songs are now saved on your phone! Who wants that?

I'm still waiting on (and it'll probably never happen) that music service hybrid that allows you to: A) Stream music from any of your devices; B) Make shareable playlists, have browse/discover/new artists/music options, etc; C) Actually purchase the song/album in your playlist; and D) keep your purchased AND un-purchased music in the cloud for streaming, which would allow you to download your purchased music whenever you want (such as if you cancelled your subscription) or burn your purchased playlists/music to CDs/thumbdrives for others to listen to or for when you're driving and don't have data/Internet connection. I know I'd pay a higher premium for those abilities.

Highlighted

Community Legend
First of all, I wonder what context you mean with 'own songs'.

Are you writing and recording own songs? And want them to get them on Spotify, check out
http://www.recordunion.com they helped me up on Spotify and many other stories for a great fee. I do not work for them but have used them for over five years and are very satisfied with them. I used them to publish lot of my albums.
Highlighted

Re: Can you upload your own music

Casual Listener
You need to be on the same Wi-fi as the device with the music. Then on the
device without the music, go to the playlist and click the toggle for
"Available Offline"
This should take care of putting the songs on your other devices.
Highlighted

Re: Can you upload your own music

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi there.

In Google's music streaming service there is option to pay same 10 euro for unlimited Premium music, but with benefits. If you miss something, you can upload to your own cloud, max. 50,000 songs and you can then stream it no matter where using your Internet connection, Google app and your account.

You need to change platform if so, but if you find benefit of playback of your locals no matter where, then it's all worth it! I am myself even considering about leaving Spotify just because of that.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted

But how will I ever let anyone discover the music I add to Spotify?

How will the Super Desperation Radio streams (on twitch, at teamsp00ky) get my music playing? I need to know for sure, please.

Highlighted

thats not a good way to reply
Highlighted

Regular

Honestly, folks. The more I look at Google Play All Access, the more I like it. Though their interface takes some getting used to, as Google enjoys running everything together and disorienting you, the service offers: cloud storage of your own music through "Scan & Match" that also becomes available for streaming; a 50,000 song storage limit; the ability to make playlists, share them, etc; stream through other devices; the ability to purchase new music or simply stream the songs, and all in 320kbs mp3 format. PLUS! right now it's all FREE!

Google Play All Access is sounding like the best of all worlds right now, unless Spotify plans to add cloud storage of personal libraries so that you don't have to bog your mobile device down with "copies" of songs from your main device. Anyone have a rebuttal or found contrary information or actually use the service?

SUGGESTED POSTS