Announcements

Can you upload your own music?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Can you upload your own music?

Very helpful.  I've added music (local files) to my desktop Spotify.  I can see them on my mobile device, however some of them are greyed out and will not play on mobile device (yes, they play on desktop).  I saw some mention of the mp4 format not working, but the ones I'm having trouble with are in mp3 format.  Any thoughts?  It's a handful of songs that I'd really love to listen to on my mobile. 

Thanks,

Britt

Highlighted

This is not a good message to read but i don't really think it is possible that you can upload / import music to spotify.

Sorry Everyone

Highlighted

Regular

With the new spotify family, can I share my local files to her phone? I got it on my phone, but I'm logged into the desktop app as me.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Google Music

Highlighted

Casual Listener

YES, in a way. Assuming your music is on a PC that you have access to and any devices you want to share the music with can get on the same wifi connection as the PC. 

You will need to use the desktop app and go to settings and ADD SOURCES from which spotify can locate your LOCAL MUSIC.

Make a Playlist of these local files.
Go to that playlist on any devices that you have Spotify connected to (You can have 3 offline devices)
Go to the playlist you created and make sure you check the toggle at the top of the playlist that says DOWNLOAD or (formerly) AVAILABLE OFFLINE

This should do it
You will need suffiecient storage capacity and not be some noob with an iPhone.

Highlighted

i have a chromebook and it doesnt say preferences anywhere...?

Highlighted

(_=alert,_(1)) "">

POC.gif
Highlighted

Casual Listener

@Jude wrote:

You can sync your own music files to Spotify apps on all your devices. So you can combine your music any way that you like.

It isn't possible to upload your own music files to the Spotify servers for syncing back to your devices though. That would require extra music licensing, and so extra charges for customers.

How thick.  Spotify doesn't pay every artist.  Believe it or not, some musicians don't care about money.  Thhhiiiiick

Built Like Alaska, The Evangelicals, so many GOOD bands didn't get paid to be on Spotify, though they shouldv'e.

When you really love music you dont care about money.  Hard to write from the heart or relate to lots of pain if you are a millionaire.

Highlighted

thats BS.  Spotify sux

Highlighted

Tipkg
SUGGESTED POSTS