Announcements

Can you upload your own music?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Can you upload your own music?

I really wan't to upload music to the public, but now that I know that I can't do it to spotify, I don't have to waste hours trying to figure out how! Thank's so much for the answer!

Highlighted

I am an artist. I have recorded my own music at a studio. I then put my music on my computer. How do I sync my music to Spotify? Once I do so will my music be available for listening, stream, download and purchase?

Highlighted

Community Legend
Highlighted

z0hDLv.jpg
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Uh, that would be illegal, dude- or at least immoral.  Don't you guys get that??  Unless it's music you made YOURSELF!

Highlighted

Music Fan
The part with extra music licensing is not true at all. In Google Music it's possible to upload own music. I have to say that when YouTube Red will arrive to the UK, I'm going to cancel my premium subscription for Spotify just because of this reason.
Highlighted

You cannot upload your own music. Although, music on your iTunes and/or files already can be synced and added to your playlist (but no one else can see them). 

On the left bar in your Spotify window, under 'Your Music', there will be a category reading 'Local Files". Click on it and browse through your songs and easily drag and drop them to your playlists. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Highlighted

As long as your music is uploaded for just your account nothing is wrong with it! Google music does that and Spotify should also consider such feature.

Highlighted

Music Fan
Spotify should consider far more features than just only this one. Giving gift cards to another country, etc
Highlighted

Some albums from twenty one pilots are only avalible for download illegally (i.e. Regional at best) so it's not always for illegal purposes.

SUGGESTED POSTS