Premium

Country

United States

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have the Windows 10 client for Spotify and I listen to podcasts while working on the computer. I know in the past I was able to mark specific episodes as played or not played. Now, whenever I right click the only options available are to add an episode to the Queue or Share. Has the method for marking episodes changed? Or is my client program messed up? As far as I know, Spotify is up to date.

Spotify.PNG
7 Replies

Hey there @lord_oxium,

Welcome to the Community!

It's currently not possible to mark certain podcast episodes as Played on the desktop app since this option is available only on mobile devices. However, you can see the Progress bar on the right side allowing you to keep track of how much of the episode you've listened to. The bar becomes blue when an episode is finished.

We think your idea to have the Mark as Played option available on the desktop app might appeal to a lot of users 🙂 You can go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We're always open to new ideas that could improve the app and its features. Here's more info on how ideas work. 

Check this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. It's also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have an awesome day!  

You remove this basic feature.
Then you ask your users to waste their time to add and vote on this as a feature request.
Incredible.

Seriously? Wth?

Spotify: The Dark World

Yeah - I'm probably going to switch back to Pocket Casts. Loved having podcasts in a central desktop app, but it's not there yet.

Hey Ivan,

Can we get an update on this? Does an "idea" exist for this that can be upvoted by the community? It seems like nothing has changed since this poster's initial request months ago. When switching from one podcast app to Spotify it'd be great to be able to carry over your progress, which could only easily be done in bulk on a computer. 

Hey there @Kryptotinman

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We'd recommend adding your +VOTE to this thread and subscribing via the three-dot menu so you can stay up to date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, we're always one message away. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts