Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Windows 10

I added several local files to spotify via the desktop app. These files are playable through the local files section, but cannot be moved to the songs section to be played in shuffle with other songs. I tried adding the songs to a playlist first, which made them available on my mobile device, but they still could not be added to songs. Dragging the songs from the local files section or playlist section into the songs section does nothing. Downloading them does nothing. Performing any of the aformentioned processes, then restarting the app does nothing.

3 Replies

Hey, @QuinnCaulfield -

I'm afraid there is currently no option to add Local Files to your Favorite Songs;

That is beacuse local files aren't recognized as songs from Spotify, which is stored in the Spotify Database.

However, you can add your songs and local files to a playlist and you should be able to shuffle them.

If you have any other questions, please reply 🙂

It's probably worth noting then that I added local files to my library successfully (and was able to play them along with everything else through shuffle) about 3 months ago. When that happened, the songs were automatically part of my library once I downloaded them. In fact, I currently still have several files from that proccess still functioning in my library.

PS. If you tap on a single local file's 3 dotted menu on your mobile then there's an option to save the track. I guess that moves it to the Songs menu.

Not sure if it's available in desktop client. 

Suggested posts