Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows PC Desktop app

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Suddenly I have been having an issue adding local files to an existing playlist.  I added new songs to the local folder, synced the folder to Spotify, and restarted Spotify.  The files are showing in the local files tab, however the new files cannot be manipulated.  I can play them on the desktop, but I cannot move them to a playlist by click/dragging and I cannot click the three dots menu at all. 

In order to fix this, I have uninstalled/reinstalled Spotify at least three times.  I have downloaded Quicktime.  I have verified that all files---both moveable and nonmoveable----have the same extension and match in every way.  All are .mp3s.  This is a new issue, as prior to these new files, everything was able to be added to playlists.  It's only an issue for these new songs.   Please advise as to what I can do to rectify this. 

3 Replies

Did you turn on the "show local files" option?

If not, please go to Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Show Local Files.

show local files.png

If you're interested, please visit this post 5 Ways to Add/Upload Songs to Spotify to find your solution.

Yes, the local files are turned on. As I mentioned above, other local
files can be played and moved about just fine.

Hey @rowan25a,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you confirm that all local files are obtained from an official source and meet the requirements listed here? If that's the case it's a good idea to change the source of the local files. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files again.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts