Free

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When i click to add a song to a playlist, it doesn't show it and I cannot listen to it on the desktop app. However, the songs do appear in the playlist on the web player. I would prefer not to have to reinstall but I understand if thats not possible. The songs that fail to play appear as shown in the attached image.

Uz1TCGB.png
7 Replies

Hey @jackjackxdman

That's strange! I'd expect to see anything I add to a playlist on the web player in the desktop client as well.

I do recommend reinstalling your Spotify app. It could simply be a weird glitch. 🙂

Follow this guide on how to!

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same issue, I can't play any songs that weren't in an album before. 

Whenever I wanted to listen to a song on the desktop app, I had to add it in a playlist then reinstall spotify completely. I haven't found any other solution to this or any other threads on this. It's a really dumb glitch.
Also found that pre-made playlists either have no songs, or songs that you've had in your playlists. After reinstalling spotify you can see it, but not for too long before the same happens again. (See attachments for this)

Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_9.png

Hi,

I reinstalled spotify and after restarting my computer, the same issues were happening again.

After reinstalling spotify the issue is gone, but just temporary. Haven't found any other solutions.

The same thing is happening to me, to add a new song to my playlist or to listen to any new music i have to re-instal the app on my computer or i need to log into a different account then log back to mine.

I only use spotify on my work's computer so i dont know if reinstaling drivers or running any type of troubleshoot would help.

This is what i see when trying to listen to other musics

error.png

Here's the solution:

Go to your settings in your spotify app -> show advance settings. Go to Proxy and put it off. This solved it for me. Let me know if it worked or not.

Still nothing, already had proxy off.

Suggested posts