Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change country from Austria to Germany

Cannot change country from Austria to Germany

Hello!

I moved from Austria to Germany recently and therefore I also have a German credit card now. In order to use this card for the spotify premium payment I need to change my country-settings, but unfortunately I am not able to 😞

Every time I enter my new credit card information a message appears which asks me if I want to change my country setting to Germany, but if I press "change country settings to Germany" the page switches to the subscription page and nothing happens.

I have also tried to change the country setting like this: subscription page -> change payment method or credit card -> select other payment method -> change country. If I do so the page also switches to the subscription page and still nothing happens.

I have also tried to use different browsers like firefox/internet explorer/chrome...

Please help!

Greetings

Chris

1 Reply

Hi there, 

Welcome at the Spotify Community! 

When you check an website to lookup your IP address,  what does it say by country?

Otherwise you may get in touch with the Spotify consumer team so they can manually adjust your country. 

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Suggested posts