Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change the order of songs?

Solved!

Cannot change the order of songs?

Hey, since the latest updates (Windows) I do not seem able to move the order of songs in a playlist by dragging and dropping them between lines? Why would they remove that?

28 Replies

How can i get these ****** green triangel away? Nothing helps, i have klicked on it hundred times now. 

And i am not im my songs.

@carazza - What playlist and device are you using?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

carazza, someone had a good question there.  ON PC.....What playlist are you trying to shift the order of songs on?  I have realised that only song lists secifically created by you are allowed order changes.  For e.g.  I have a playlist called "Sleep by spotify."  When I left click on the headers, album; artist; time; album or added, a green arrow appears, which in this case changes the list you clicked from random; A-Z; Z-A, or in the case of the "TIME" header - high to low - low to high.  You cannot drag songs with your left click mouse pointer on these spotify lists. 

In the case of your own created song lists, it should be different.  Lets choose the header "ARTIST" for e.g:  

Left click on it, brings up a little green arrow sort button pointing either up, down or not visible.  ONLY whilst not visible are you allowed to drag the songs & arrange in any order.   This only works with song lists that you have made yourself.  

To make a song list:  In the navigation payne on the left, click + NEW PLAYLIST; create the name of it; go to a spotify list of songs; highlight (in grey); right click; add to your newly named playlist.

If none of that works, uninstall & reinstall

And you are right, Spotify couldn't care less.

thanks for taking the time to help us out on this one!

I am furious and none of these suggestions is working. Please help ! I hate Spotify so much. I loved Rdio. I was forced to switch. I am FURIOUS. Please help me.

This doesn't seem to work, I have no way of "clicking" anything in the top row. If you guys want to do the right thing, by spotify users, I suggest you go out and take a look at the current Rhapsody UI, It has the abiltiy to clear the queue and reorder songs in any playlist with a simple drag and drop.

How is this still an issue after three years?! I cannot use the web-based log in nor can I use the app to be able to reorder songs in a playlist that I have created. Please tell me there is an answer here as to why this is even an issue and how to resolve it.

What? I can't organize a playlist in a myself order? Only date inclusion and title?! My english is less ridiculous that this 

Suggested posts