Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot remove Facebook info from account

Cannot remove Facebook info from account

I was attempting to share a link to a song on the Spotify Windows desktop client, but I've run into a very irritating issue.

I didn't use a Facebook account when signing up for Spotify, just an email address. In the share dialog, I entered my Facebook details in order to share the album. I successfully logged into the dialog but didn't proceed when I asked if I want to continue.

Now when signing in with my email - not my Facebook account - it's showing my Facebook name and profile picture. I have tried uninstalling the client and have revoked access to Spotify in my Facebook account, but no matter what I do, I cannot remove this Facebook information.

Any suggestions? It's infuriating.

8 Replies

Hi, @ASSSDASAS!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

To unlink your Spotify account from Facebook follow these steps:

1. In the top-right corner of the desktop app, click  > Settings. 
  2. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a nice week 🙂 

Hi,

I have already done this without success. I have uninstalled, removed all local data, etc and yet the desktop client is still pulling Facebook data from somewhere. I do not want this data associated with my Spotify account (which isn't a Facebook login).

This is honestly so infuriating.

Hey @ASSSDASAS,

Try going to app settings on Facebook and scroll down to Spotify, then click the X button.

Hi,

Done that already and still no joy. The desktop app is pulling Facebook data from somewhere.

Hey again!

Do you have two Facebook accounts? If you have another one it may be pulling info from there

No, just the one.

Any other suggestions? Because if I can't get rid of this information, I want to cancel my subscription.

@ASSSDASAS,

I would now fill out the contact form on the website to get in touch with them.

Suggested posts