Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot scroll down enough in "add to playlist" after right clicking the song in bottom left.

Cannot scroll down enough in "add to playlist" after right clicking the song in bottom left.

I often listen to random playlists/radios and sometimes I notice a song I want to add to some of my playlists.

So I just right click song name in bottom left --> Add to playlist, then when I'm looking for my playlist I cannot find it even if I scroll down to the bottom, it just doesn't scroll down enough, leaves plalists below the scrollable area. (images attached)
Yes I've tried to View-->Zoom out and I have to have it on almost max zoom out level to see all my playlists in this menu which makes using the app not possible.

I added a picture of how much down I'm able to scroll and you can see there are playlists down there but I cannot scroll there, I was maximallly scrolled down.

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Slovakia

Device

Lenovo Legion 5

Operating System

Windows 10

Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_6.png

• UI
10 Replies

Hey @ollieSVK,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend you run a clean reinstall to make sure you're running the latest version.

If that doesn't help, try creating a new empty playlist and putting it at the bottom of your Playlist column as a workaround.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes I did, I'm running the latest version. Thank you, that's a nice workaround, but I wonder if this will get eventually solved in a long run. Let's hope.

Hi @ollieSVK,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. 

There are other things we can try here to solve this in the long run. Please run another clean reinstall with the steps shared by @Alex, but this time download the app directly from the Microsoft Store.

If this doesn't work, go to your app's Options > View and try changing the zoom settings to see if that fixes the way the playlists are displayed. 

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator

Hello, tried to do clean reisntall, installed from MS Store, still the same.

And, your zoom out suggestion, I've already tried it, here's quote from my post: "Yes I've tried to View-->Zoom out and I have to have it on almost max zoom out level to see all my playlists in this menu which makes using the app not possible."
Thank you.

EDIT: Yes, I've tried Zoom out on the new reinstalls as well.

Hi @ollieSVK,

Thank you for your reply and apologies for the previous confusion.

Since the issue persists with the Microsoft Store app, please open the Web Player and check if the same happens there. 

This could also be related to your computer's settings, so also let us know what's the screen resolution you're using.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Hello MafeG, thank you for staying with me,
works perfectly on the web.
I have 1920 x 1080 resolution.

But on "Change the size of text, apps and other items" I have it on "125% (Recommended)", when I put it into 100%, the issue is fixed but again, I don't want to use my PC with so small icons and text on the screen because of Spotify lol (and it was preset on 125% too).

Thanks!

Screenshot_9.png

Hey there @ollieSVK,

Thank you for those insights! 

With the info you provided we can start determining that the cause of this may be a mix of the size settings in both your PC and the Spotify app.

In this case, we can suggest you try tweaking those settings until finding a good spot where the playlist list is totally visible, and you're comfortable with the text's size on your PC. Also keeping in mind the workaround shared by @Alex.

Since the Spotify app doesn't allow to customize the font size, you can also take a look at this idea submission which suggest the possibility to customize it. Take into account that the "Closed" status doesn't mean the idea won't be implemented. If it reaches the necessary amount of votes, Spotify will consider it. 

Cheers 🙂

MafeGModerator

Hello, okay I will write some things again so we understand each other.

"With the info you provided we can start determining that the cause of this may be a mix of the size settings in both your PC and the Spotify app."

I have my PC set up exactly as it came in the box, I literally bought it 2 moths ago, if the app doesnt work on new PC then it's apps fault.

I told before that I won't be changing my screen resolution because of Spotify, also I won't be changing scaling because of it. As I said, if I change scaling, everything is so small basically unusable ... and yeah! spotify is smaller too but it is not a fix when it breaks everything else when fixing itself.

"In this case, we can suggest you try tweaking those settings until finding a good spot where the playlist list is totally visible, and you're comfortable with the text's size on your PC."
I cannot change my screen resolution to higher, I'm on my monitor max, and I cannot change my scaling between 100 and 125%, there is nothing between.

"Also keeping in mind the workaround shared by @Alex ."
Thank you for your workaround guys, but I didn't want workarounds I wanted to actually devs to fix the app, it would make it better for everyone. But I guess I was aiming too high.

Hi @ollieSVK,

Thanks for the post and your feedback.

We understand your frustration, but currently there is no setting in the Spotify app that allows for resizing of menus. You can zoom in/ out the UI which will make some menus smaller or bigger.

Sizing options depend largely on Windows and how it displays content on your monitor, which is something that can't be controlled by Spotify. In cases such as this one the issue is most likely related to you Windows display sizing. Since we can troubleshoot remotely, we can offer solutions which have been reported to have helped other users.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator

As a developer I find Spotify's resolution (no pun intended) to this obvious UI issue infuriating. How will reinstalling ever help? It's so obvious it's a layouting/scaling issue from your guys' end. And Windows provides API's to figure these things out. It's on your devs to fix it.

Suggested posts