Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot search, sort or filter

Cannot search, sort or filter

Plan

Premium

Country

Europe

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

Hello all, 
My Spotify has updated and the new interface does not allow me to search, filter or sort songs - basically I have lost all control over my liked songs or my playlists. The column for "album", "name" etc. are gone. I just get a list of songs and a square with a heart and a pause button, which I cannot interact with. I have tried reinstalling but nothing.

Thank you in advance.
Am I being blind or dumb? Where can I download the oler version? 

spot.jpg
7 Replies

Hey there @inanna

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? There's a difference between the two in how the app data are being managed.

We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. This tends to solve issues with the app's performance. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I did a clean uninstall but the problem persists. How should the new interface look like? Is it possible to install the older version and avoid the automatic update?

Best,

Hey @inanna,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

@Ivan's suggestion would be good if you're using the Desktop app (which you can always download here) on your Windows device. Considering the screenshot you shared with us, it seems you're using the Spotify Web Player.

The reason why you can't sort and filter (or search within a playlist) is that such options are not available in the Web Player version of Spotify. It'd be great for you to download the Desktop app using the link I posted above in order to keep using your Spotify account  with the same Windows device and have the mentioned options available. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Mario, 

I am using the app. I have tried to download it from different places, and different versions, and it always looks like the webplayer. What can I do?

Best,

Hello @inanna,

We can confirm that you're on a new desktop experience we're currently testing. For now, the new test version is still missing several features that used to be available on the desktop app.

If you'd like to see the sorting options return in the new desktop app version, we'd recommend you add your +VOTE to this idea. You might also want to up-vote the idea here, if you wish to be able to switch between the old and new desktop design.

Hope this info is useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help you with.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi.

I can filter my liked songs and artists, but for albums is not working (no matter what I type in the filter field, nothing changes).

Is this related or should I post a new message topic?

Thank you.

Hey there @mussum,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

What you're describing sounds like the issue reported here - our tech teams are currently looking into this.

In this case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and requested details in a comment there. This way, you can also stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on about this.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts