Premium

Country

Australia

Operating System

Windows 10 Enterprise 1909

Spotify app version 1.1.45.621.gdddebadc

Chromecast 2nd gen, firmware version 1.49.226077

My Question or Issue

According to this post, I should now be able to initiate casting to my Chromecast device from the Spotify desktop app however, unless I start playback via my phone, the Chromecast device does not appear in the "Devices Available" list.

In the list, I only see my PC and my phone

Edit: This might be down to the Windows version or some Enterprise group policy. On another test PC running Windows 10 Pro 1903, there was no problem.

5 Replies

Hey @phil-brown,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot so we can have a closer look of that's going on directly from your end.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

@Jeremy wrote:

can you let us know which version of the app you have?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot so we can have a closer look of that's going on directly from your end.

Cheers!

Did you not read my post properly or something? I've already listed all the app details, including the version. Again, it's Spotify app version 1.1.45.621.gdddebadc

I'm not sure how useful a screenshot would be as it does not show the Chromecast device but sure, here you go

phil-brown_0-1604614087509.png

Hey @phil-brown,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the screenshot.

Sorry for the confusion regarding the app version. Note however that a newer version has been released. Could you perform a clean reinstall using the steps that @Jeremy suggested and let us know if the issue comes up again? That way you'll remove any damaged app files and get the latest version. Just make sure to download the app from the Microsoft Store.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same issue and followed your proposed steps, and i' still not able to see my chromecast in the devices available panel, unless I start it with my phone first.

Hey there again @cbolger,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you have an SD card? If so - can you uninstall the app with the steps that's provided in the clean reinstall article? After that - switch off your phone > take out your SD card > start the devices again without the SD card > reinstall the app.

Let us know how everything goes.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts