Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant Uninstall Spotify (App not working)

Cant Uninstall Spotify (App not working)

I cant get spotify off of my computer. Initially I just dragged it into the trash and tried to delete it, but the removing trash bar just stopped half way, and I had to force quit finder. After I did that the app now has the ghostbusters circle with a strike through it and I cant delete it, or use it. I tried following the reinstallation instructions on the website but it did not work. I cant find anything in Activity finder that is using the application and even if i try to hold the option key when emtpying the trash, the bar just endlessly spins. I just want to get rid of it so I can reinstall! HELP!

3 Replies

I am having the exact same problem.  Would love some advice!!

I recieved this message from a Spotify Support member.  It worked for me.  Good luck.

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear that you are still facing difficulties and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

In this situation, please follow the steps below in order to resolve the concern:

1. Quit Spotify
2. In the finder, locate and delete the following folders:
~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.Client
~/Library/Application Support/Spotify
3. Locate and delete the Spotify app (from the application folder)
4. Empty trash, then restart

OSX LION users:
Apple have masked the user "Library" folder to prevent accidental deletion. You can access it by choosing 'Go', from the top menu in the Finder. Hold down 'alt' key, and the library should appear as a folder you can now open.

Hope this would help and if you need any further assistance, please get in touch.

Thanks and Regards,
Love
Spotify CS Team
ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0Jeedr:ref

Spotify is a resource hog and is impossible to uninstall. What a piece of **bleep** app. Pandora is so much better. I will NEVER install sporify on my phones anfter my experience with it on my PC. 

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Spotify.exe
Application Version: 1.0.63.617
Application Timestamp: 59b14645
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17651
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e2111c0
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000082ce
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Suggested posts