Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant drag songs from my PC library into Spotify playlist

Cant drag songs from my PC library into Spotify playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

This has been happening now for a year or so, but I've been dealing with it.  I finally got to a point where I need it fixed or I'm going to switch everything to Google Play.  I am unable to drag songs that I have on my desktop library into my Spotify playlists.  When I try, I just see the little red circle with the line going through it diagonally indicating that I can't perform that action (see attachment below).  I used to be able to do this without issue and I'm not sure what changed.  So far, I haven't been able to find many solutions.  The one I've tried is switching the playlist from public to secret, and back to public again. This hasn't worked unfortunately.  I've also tired uninstalling and resinstalling the app,  but without success.   I need a solution to this problem hat works from the staff at Spotify.  

Thanks,

Astro

Spotify.jpg
4 Replies

Hi @Arstinince, thanks for posting!

To my knowledge, this feature is no longer supported in Spotify. However, don't worry! You can still add all of your Local Files into Spotify.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks you for your answer. I will try this when I get home. So after
adding to local files, can I then add it to a playlist?

Yes, you can! And since you have Spotify Premium, you should be able to access these files on other devices.

Let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Thanks!

Suggested posts