Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain bands unavaible on my spotify but not for others

Certain bands unavaible on my spotify but not for others

I cant play the songs of Imagine Dragons, Nickleback or Fall out Boy, wich is rly annoying. Ive asked my friend wich confirms that they actually are able to play these 3 bands. So im desperatly trying to find out **bleep** is wrong. its the same for my phone as well 😕

Please help me

3 Replies

Assuming you have an android phone ( I do too and I have the same issue), you need to delete spotify from your phone, go to the APK mirror site and download and install the version of spotify from Sep 27. This should get everything working on your phone again (don't update spotify for a while though, ideally the next update will fix this for everyone). I can't get anything working on my desktop though, even in the web player.

Hey @evtrainer1 and @torepaasporet

There's an issue with a random patch of artists (Metallica, Oasis, Portishead, Katy Perry, to name a few) that have become unplayable with the latest update. It affects both PC and Android devices.
I really am surprised that the web player gets that issue too... 😐

It's currently being looked into, this Issue thread will have updates on it as soon as it gets figured out. 🙂

(some users in there have interesting findings)

An older desktop client (such as 1.0.64) will work too.
A new user will work too, apparently.

I hope this gets solved soon!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @evtrainer1 the APK mirrorsite worked
tank you so much for that tips 🙂

@sebastVAIO thank you so much clearing that up for me, hope it will be fixed soon, considering it would be nice to be able to listen to my fav. artists again 😄

Suggested posts