Certain music doesn't play

Certain music doesn't play

Premium

Finland

Premium

PC

Win 10 Home

Spotify app.

Certain songs won't play with the app.; e.g. none of the albums of the band "The Pretty Reckless".  Quite random; most of the music will play, but there always are some albums not playing as they should. Why? Very annoying. Re-installing the app doesn't help.

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

4 Replies

Hi there @ericrose,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

If this is happening with specific songs/albums, it's likely that they aren't available. Could you send us a screenshot where we can see how those songs look like on your app?

It'd also be helpful if you could send us the URI or link of a couple of songs or albums that you can't play to further look into it.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, I am having the same issue, but only with this exact same band - The Pretty Reckless. Certain songs don’t play and you have to skip a few just to find a song that does play. They all used to work fine, until about a month ago. Very annoying when I’m running through the ‘This is The Pretty Reckless’ playlist and the music keeps stopping. The songs are there, they just don’t play?! Only having this issue with this band, and no others. Thanks. 

I tried to attach a video to show this happening, but it wouldn’t let me upload. Happy to send in an email if you can respond with where I can send this to? I recorded my screen when trying to play the songs. Some songs work - some songs don’t. It’s very random… some songs that don’t work will work again after being tried a few times??! 

Hi folks!

Could you please send over links to some of the songs that won't play so we can test on our end? Also, do the songs appear greyed out? If yes, then they aren't currently available. You can also try playing them on another device or on the Web Player to see if that makes a difference.

As for the video @KaytiiiAnne, feel free to upload it to a Cloud storage and share the link to it so we can see how things look on your end.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts