Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain "Hopsin" songs keep crashing my Spotify client - Please advise

Solved!

Certain "Hopsin" songs keep crashing my Spotify client - Please advise

"Hopsin - Crown Me" is just one example. The song ends at 4:39, but around 4:32 the progress bar jumps back to around 4:25 and the audio just stops. This usually results in my Spotify client crashing/freezing and I have to reopen it manually. (A daily issue for me since I have a lot of Hopsin songs throughout my Spotify playlists.) 

"Hopsin - Forever Ill" is another. "Hopsin - I Just Can't" is another that consistently crashes my client.

Not sure what the root of the problem is, (maybe an issue with his albums?) but it seems to only happen when certain songs of his play. I don't think I've had this issue with any other artist or songs that I have noticed yet.

I'm using Windows 10, fully up-to-date as well as the latest Spotify client (v1.0.80.474.gef6b503e).

Thanks for your time.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@

View solution in original post

9 Replies

No response at all? feelsbadman.jpg

Hey @Kylix_,

Would you be able to try doing a clean reinstall of Spotify? It'll really help find out what's happening here! Find out how to do one over here: https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Let me know how it goes! 

P.S. I removed your post in the Line-In board ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for reposting it here.

Hey @thanks for the response. I tried your suggestion and unfortunately, it didn't work. 

I uninstalled and redownloaded Spotify. Then I did a clean install and opened it up. I went straight to "Hopsin - Crown Me" and moved the play slider to about 4:25 and let it play. Same as always, when it got to about 4:32 (the song ends at 4:39), the slider jumped back to about 4:22, the song stopped and Spotify eventually closed.

There has to be something wrong with those song files specifically. I don't even have them saved to my PC, this happens when streaming it.

I think that album specifically (Pound Syndrome) is messed up somehow, because it crashes my client with more than one of those songs, but songs from other, different Hopsin albums don't cause this issue.

Is there any way for a Spotify dev to chime in or check this bug manually? It's been happening for a while now.

Thanks for checking that @Kylix_,

Would you be able to share the Spotify URIs for all songs that this happening with? I'll check this on my end, and see if I'm able to reproduce this issue. Let's also check if disabling all local files under Settings > Local Files helps?

If that still doesn't help, would you be able to try and record a video of this happening? The name of your device as well as the Spotify Version would help too! 

Keep me posted ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey @

Awesome, thank you so much@Kylix_,

I've just tried that on my laptop just now, and it's working fine it seems. Would you be able to post the Spotify URI for that "Twitch Songs" playlist, perhaps? I'll just check if I'm able to reproduce that using that playlist ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!

Hello again @

Marked as solution

@

Hey @Kylix_,

That's absolutely awesome! I'm so glad you were able to get you and your tunes reunited ๐ŸŽง If you ever need a hand with anything else, just let me know. I'm here for you:

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:0n8NtBn89HS9sSKJEnJijg

Have a good one!

Suggested posts